I Have No Remorse and That Should Scare Me.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Today I placed an order with Brightguy and I'm only apprehensive about the wife finding how much I spent.

Specifically, I bought a E2 HA, Scorpion, two Photon IIs and a Hurricane and they're going to ship things 2d day air.

Having these new toys will be fun. I think I have an illness that only flashlights can cure.
tongue.gif

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Jeff you could just wait until she spends money on something then you won't have to worry about feeling bad. Mine just ordered a new top for her Jeep for $700. I figure that give me at least $700 to blow on something. Seems like perfect logic to me.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff,
just remind your wife how much you love her, and bring her some flowers/chocolates.
smile.gif
smile.gif

You should have got the E2 in Gunmetal though - she'd probably prefer that for when SHE shows people how great it is.
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Lightlover

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Congratulations! Fine flashlights you've got coming.
smile.gif

Now..... prepare the wife before she sees the bill. Start with telling her stories about blackouts and the benefits of having bright reliable flashlights for the just-in-case.

Which one goes to the wife? E2 HA or Scorpion?
grin.gif

- verge -

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
None of these are for her. They're for me because when it comes to flashlights, I am the center of it all.

See, the wife unit and I have this thing. When I buy toys she gets to spend the equivalent amount on her stuff. Sorta like I go first and she gets to play catch up.

We started off with me buying a lot of stuff and she was going to buy Brown Betty Teapots. To this day I still can't figure out what the hell makes something a "Brown Betty" but I've got all these teapots around the house. Anyone want one? Any color you'd like so long as it's brown.
grin.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff, even if she hates flashlights because you like them and spend lots of $$$, get her one each time you order. Most of the ones I got my wife are in the drawer. But she kept the turquoise Photon II I got her in one of my orders. She keeps it on her keychain. I'm still looking for a quality 2AA flashlight with a push-button switch. That is her request everytime I've ordered something. The Mini-Mag doesn't fit the bill.

Velcro

Enlightened
David, have you thought about the Streamlight Junior or the Dorcy Excell 2AA? They are both made from aluminum and have an adjustable beam. The Dorcy has a push button near the head and uses a T1 lamp so you can put in the Brinkmann Nexstar lamp if you wanted to. You can check it out at http://www.dorcy.com/41-4000.htm
I haven't seen a price for it yet but it would probably be around $11 or so. They also have a holster combo.

Greetings,
Velcro

oscar

Newly Enlightened
I took my wife to a Pheasant's Forever banquet once and I had way too much to drink and had a great time at the auction. She had to write the check on the way out. The next day a truck pulled up with 2 big evergreens for the frontyard. All she said was that we were even.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff:

Not to rain on your parade, but do you know about the Photon IIIs? I'm still awaiting mine (regular and covert models), but they seem superior to the IIs in that they are touted as having adjustable levels of light, plus flash modes. For me, I like the flexibility/options, but it is a matter of preference or intended use...and the IIIs are more costly...

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I looked at the Photon III and decided against for the very reasons you mentioned. The II is simply an on and off operation but the III requires a cycle through all of the various modes to use them. It's more product than what I want to deal with but thanks for the suggestion.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff:

You probably made a wise choice in the Photon IIs. After posting my response above (I'm new to this forum), I came across an entry in the LED section about the problems with the IIIs. Uh oh, I wonder if I'll live to regret my purchases...