Xmas hit a bit delayed - new SF E2 HA & ARC AAA LE in today

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just had to post this here as well ;-)

Oh my,
with good CPF advice and some friends help I got those in almost in time for Xmas - and I´m very very impressed - this is my first SF and my first ARC as well - and nothing to say besides - GREAT JOB - PK & co and Peter & co as well.

Congrats ! Truly great products !

Normally not as easily to be impressed

Klaus

Bucky

Enlightened
Well of course you're going to be impressed when you order what are IMO the very best incadescent and LED lights available today
smile.gif
(with a strong nod to the SureFire M2 who many would pick here, and actually I would probably pick the E2e, but since its not out yet...).

Bucky

MarcV

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:
I got those in almost in time for Xmas - and I´m very very impressed <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's like having a Mercedes S500 as your first auto. You are beginning with the very best. Congratulations.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Bucky - E2e was a thought too - but for Xmas ? Maybe 2002 ;-) And for the M2 - hmmh - at E2 price I buy one for shure - or two.

@René - lol - nö - William war auch nett zu mir ! Viele Grüsse zurück in die Schweiz und ein Gutes Neues !

@Marc - don´t know where you got that idea from (actually both ideas)

first: pls understand that a 911 is far superior to an S500
smile.gif

second: I have to admit that when running into CPF for the first time my selection of flashlights consisted mostly of various Maglites in all sizes from Solitaire to 2AA and 2D - but since this nasty virus hit me I just kept on adding - and modifying - and LEDifying - and building my own ones actually upto close to 1500 lumens
shocked.gif
so I really don´t BEGIN with the very best - I even fear I can´t say I END with them - while I would agree on that those are among the very best indeed - and actually this was my reason for posting my excitement.
cool.gif

No offense intended
grin.gif

Klaus

MarcV

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:

first: pls understand that a 911 is far superior to an S500
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? 911? Sure, very fast and nice ride, but they are ugly. They are the Streamlight of autos -- functionally equivalent, technically excellent, but not quite SureFire.

My E2 is in the S500, the Scorpion is in my wife's Buick (US semi-luxury but affordable).
I think that's appropriate, complementary in fact.

Bucky

Enlightened
Hey, it's not like you have my car - an S55
wink.gif

How did you decide between the S500 and the BMW 7 Series, or maybe even the A8 or S8? Any thoughts on the new 735i?

Bucky

MarcV

Enlightened
740il was in the running, of course, but the S class did something to me that no flashlight has never done -- it ended my quest for a better model. (And I'm a Michigander, too, even schooled in East Lansing, so you know I watch cars.)

With flashlights, though, there seems to be more innovation than with autos. These LED skirmishes probably confuse all of us. The Arc stuff is superb, but the Lightwave 4000 does a different job, so there's a place for it, too.

Thank goodness these things don't need $10,000 worth of garage space for every new one. And they don't ever leak oil on the floor (well, if you don't overapply o-ring sealant, anyway).

735i is too small for us 6+ footers... Sort of the 3P of the auto world. Cute and well-crafted but almost too tiny for large hands.

Bucky

Enlightened
I love cars too and can't wait to get to the NAIAS in a week or two. I am more of an SUV fan though to tell you the truth.

An affinity for fine vehicles seems to go hand in hand with one for quality lights, watches, knives, etc. Only a relative few appreciate quality products.

Bucky

MarcV

Enlightened
Funny coincidence. I liked the M430 so much that I moved to the S class. I used to deliberately drive at the speed limit in 12 inches of snow just to feel the 4 wheel drive working. But, sadly, the 1999 M series didn't have automatic climate control and it was tedious moving that fan switch all the time.

There's no doubt a flashlight parallel there, too. :)

Bucky

Enlightened
I'd be interested in knowing your opinion on the new E2e, being such an E2 fan and all. Unfortunately, it seems that some people are not all that excited about it and don't view it as an improvement. Personally, I cannot wait to get my hands on one; I feel the improvements are all welcome additions that will help widen the versatility of the E2e - especially the improved water resistance.

Bucky

MarcV

Enlightened
I'm the wrong guy to ask about E2e. As to water resistance, my sailing ditty bag has the UK 2L instead. It's lighter, definitely waterproof, and I've never needed a tailcap switch on the sailboat. Come to think of it, I rarely need that much light. The Arc or Photon is more useful, usually for finding and dialing the hatch padlock or for moving past sleeping passengers to the head.

In fog they're all useless; instead bells and radar get the nod.

remuen

Enlightened
Just had to post this here as well ;-)

Oh my,
with good CPF advice and some friends help I got those in almost in time for Xmas - and I´m very very impressed - this is my first SF and my first ARC as well ...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Klaus
Now I'm really disappointed because I was convinced that I had bought the last two ARC LE (from TTS)
grin.gif
.... - IMHO (
smile.gif
) the very best 1 LED flashlight!

Ich wünsche Dir ein glückliches neues Jahr!

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOLOL Bucky & Marc - I halfway expected to start something with that comment
grin.gif

But for me its the same with cars, women and flashlights - everybody his own tast and tasts are different - and this is a good thing.

Greetings from good old germany - where the Benz, the beemers and the porsches are from.

BTW - it all comes down to what you use things for - I would say the 911 is the perfect car for those little roads in the black forest I live closeby - get the C4 when you want to have some fun in winter too - for the Autobahn I do prefer BMWs - possibly the Benz´s did improve but when I had to get used to either Benz/BMW they were way sportier and so I ended up with my butt fitting better into an BMW than Benz - while this is 10+ years ago and the differences went away to a good degree - but I wouldn´t argue with you on BMW vs Benz or vice versa.
Still - the 911 is in a different league - which is its no Limousine - and at 6 feet plus I have to admit the old aircooled ones would be just horrible - the new ones got a bit larger externally and internally and should still fit well at 6 feet plus.

(Joke mode on)
But again - as long as you driver german
grin.gif

(Joke mode off)

Klaus

remuen

Enlightened
[QB
... but since this nasty virus hit me I just kept on adding - and modifying - and LEDifying - and building my own ones actually upto close to 1500
[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you should tell us a bit more about your mods - 1500 lumens is far beyond what I can imagine in a flaschlight!

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
René,

there actually are two threads for two of these project lights on CPF - look for the threads "50USD 1000+ lumen" or so and "1500lumen 1 hour nighthunter dominator killer" or so. It actually is all about a overdriven high efficiency OSRAM MR16 bulb run on 12 NiCd or 24 NiMh cells. BRIGHT.

If you can´t find the threads I will post the URL but just do a search.

Klaus

remuen

Enlightened
René,

there actually are two threads for two of these project lights on CPF - look for the threads "50USD 1000+ lumen" or so and "1500lumen 1 hour nighthunter dominator killer" or so. It actually is all about a overdriven high efficiency OSRAM MR16 bulb run on 12 NiCd or 24 NiMh cells. BRIGHT.

If you can´t find the threads I will post the URL but just do a search.

Klaus
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found them but - Uff - I didn't know that you're now making 'Flabscheinwerfer' in a pocket version. Impressing! Good luck for the '1500lumen 1 hour nighthunter dominator killer'!

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
René,

thanks - we´re humming along quite well - will keep you and the forum posted on it.

Actually the latest calculation shows the output is even at 2000 lumens but just for the first couple of minutes (as long the voltage is at 15V) - degrading to still impressive 1500 lumens at 14V - I really think this beast will become very very nice - and the beauty is that pretty much everyone with just a little work can do one himself.

Klaus