Does a light like this exist?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got an idea about a light and was wondering if anyone knows if something like it exists. Basically it's like those cellphone headsets that go around your ear, but with a little telescope or wire that extends out with an LED at the end. Anything like that exist? Maybe I saw it in a movie somewhere...

arioch

Enlightened
MTFD17:

Yes, a light exactly like you describe was just in the latest Sharper Image catalog. Check it out here .

Haven't been able to get one from my local SI b&m just yet, but they say that it is on order.

maverick

Enlightened
How about having a light on your waist? So when you go to take a pee at night you don't need to turn the light on AND you hit the target!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll see if my local Sharper Image has one, probably in about an hour. If they do, I'll buy one and post about it in this thread shortly thereafter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just came back from my local S.I. store. They did not have them in stock, so I ordered one, and should have it in "7 to 10 business days" (Friday 06-11-04 to Wednesday 06-14-04).

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info guys! ANy chance that there's a luxeon version out there somewhere with a wire that goes to a belt mounted battery holder?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I went out to get the morning paper about 30 minutes ago, and the Sharper Image box was sitting right outside my door. The box is unnecessarily large, but I didn't pay for shipping, so that's OK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The light comes with two CR2032 cells (included, not installed), and it has three light functions: high, low, and blink. The business end ("turret", as they call it) swivels up and down, and it can be used on either ear; though it appears to fit the left ear best because then the switch would face outward.
It uses a wide-angle white LED, not at all dissimilar to the LED used in the QuiqLite.

I'll start a page for it on my website at once, and probably have something published later today.