Advice on selling?

jvic

Newly Enlightened
I am sorry if this is an inappropriate question, but I would really like some advice. I have recently had some unexpected expenses come up and need to sell some things to pay my bills. I was thinking about selling my 10x, but I don't know the best place to do that. My first thought was ebay, but I don't know that there would be demand for it there. Thoughts on that?

Am I able to sell here? I think there might be a bigger group of interested folks here.

I am just confused as I have never SOLD a light before and don't know where to do it.

Thanks for any advice and I apologize if I was wrong to ask such a question here.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can sell things here on cpf. you might want to try the buy/sell/trade area (aka b/s/t) the "lights" section would be a good place to sell a surefire. im sure the mods will move this thread if they see it approiate.

jvic

Newly Enlightened
Ah! I was wondering what B/S/T stood for! I am sorry for my ignorance...makes good sense...LOL

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF... it probably would fit best in the lights part of BST, but one thing to note is you have to list a price (you can check out the posting policies for more details). Auctions/bids/no price offers are no longer allowed. Good luck with the sale.

-Mike

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is also the CPF auctions area, which is sort of like a flashlight ebay. This lets you post the item in the auction and list it in the CPF auction notices area. This allows bids and a buy it now option.

There are two schools of thought on this:
- BST is a more established forum and free, but frankly, I think it is messy. It takes some real effort to keep the status of a sale clear, and only works on this forum because everyone is pretty nice about it. In the "real world" the BST would probably be the subject of legal battles, especially when multiple items are for sale.

- The CPF Auctions area is newer, and slightly less visible, but anyone in search of a light like yours will find it. The transaction is cleaner (in my mind), but there is a slight cost associated with it.

Personnally, I would list it on the auction and auction notice area, but I am in the minority on this thinking. If you have any questions, you can contact the admin (sasha) for assistance.

jvic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I guess it would be a good idea to come up with a price as well. It's hard to even find any reference for what 10x lights have been going for. I will give it some thing on auction vs. fixed price in BST. I never thought I would be selling it, so it's new to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

maverick

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF jvic! I think you will generally find that the 10X is not in high demand around this place. However, given the right price and a bit of lucky maybe you'll find your buyer! Goodluck!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I've never sold a light either but wouldn't he me more likely to gen dollars from Ebay and post his auction listing on CPF?