Clicky tail cap for mini mag AA and AAA

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A Kroll switch (Sandwich Shoppe) will screw directly into the end of an AA Mini.

A RAM switch (Frys? - Outpost.com?) will fit too, but is not considered by many to be anywhere NEAR as good. I have 4 or 5 and some are innies, some outies and one is quite flaky!

I think the Kroll can also be had at a Streamlight warranty center if you have one in your city ( It fits the Streamlight Junior as well).

InTheDark

Enlightened
I've had both the RAM and Kroll switch for a while, most everyone prefer the Kroll's, but I like the RAM switches better. Not only do they look much better, it's aluminum instead of plastic. And you can still use the flashlight in candlemode with the RAM. I also think it's more reliable than the Kroall, after some modifications. Straight out of the box they are horribly unreliable, but it's easily fixed. Inside the switch is an actual pushbutton switch, not a couple of springs like the Kroll. The switching mechanism in the RAM is pretty reliable, the problem is that the switch isn't grounded well against the rest of the tailcap. After fixing it, each switch works perfectly with no problems. I don't know which is rated higher, but I've used both at .5 A with no problems either.

The only problem is the RAM switch is not waterproof, although it is just the switch portion that gets wet. The inside is epoxied and sealed with an O-ring, so the inside of the flashlight won't get wet.

One more problem with the Krolls is that I always have problems when I screw the switch in, it makes contact directly with the threads using a spring, that always seems to get caught up for some reason, so I have to fiddle around to get it working.