D-Cell Luxeon - 3watts

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems that the only major player in D-Cell luxeon-3W's is Elektro-Lumens, and while I like their products, I'd prefer a textured reflector over optics.

A D-Cell luxeon-3 flashlight with textured reflector (for top notch beam quality), type 3 HA, and partial (or constant) regulation would be a welcome niche, IMO.

While 123's are nice, they are not always easy to find (other than the internet) and they don't have long run-times in general. OTOH, some of Elektro-Lumen's D-Cell lights have very long effective run time.

Anyone else think there is a market out there for a flashlight with these features?

adeadlyfart

Newly Enlightened
it might be a size issue.. i've recently got myself a angle head flashlight and have been reading up threads on what parts people have been succesful with to mount in... but yeah people want smaller but brighter...

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are plenty of options out there for small and bright.

Having an (easier) to find battery with good runtime has its advantages too though..... (especially for situations where small lights are not necessary).

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened
I think both large and small lights have there place, i personally would not spend a large sum of money on a small light though that only has a runtime of a couple of hours at best. I love my Elektrolumens Blaster III and Tristar, both are extremely bright and have incredibly long run times. During a blackout i would feel quite confident in either of these lights and would not be so concerned with rashioning the runtime of the light since they run so long and run on readily available and cheap batteries. I don't yet own a small light so i just ordered the blaster Jr. the other day for it's smaller form factor, but the good thing is that it will still run for about 8 hours on 3 AA's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif