Question about mail problems?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my website,
Any activity on it generates mail that goes to a mailbox on the site. I have two mail boxes on my site, one for messages and the other to let me know about orders and such. Paypal activity on my business account generates an email to my website as well.

All of this mail is sent to my personal account, all I have to do is click "pop" on Hotmail and I used to get all of my mail in one place and would make updates to my website, answer e-mails, and fill orders based on what comes to me from my site.

I got an e-mail today and noticed the date on it, it was a couple of days old and I just assumed that a calander was wrong on one of the computer in this process. I logged on later and clicked "POP" again and got more mail, I noticed the dates in some of the mail was a couple of days old and on a hunch I clicked "POP" again and got more mail. I did this several times and kept getting more mail each time.

I finally got where it told me that there was no POP mail and then tried it again and I got more mail.

Well I am going to start going directly to everything to be sure that that does not happen again but I am wondering why it started doing this???

Funny thing, when mail comes in when I am on the computer, I get a pop up that tells me I have mail and I can click on the pop up, and get the mail. But it will not show up in my personal mail box until I click "POP" a few times.

Well, the result of this is that I replied to lots of mail late, I let an item run out with out realizing it, and worse yet am late getting out a few orders. Fortunatly I am on line enough that I got mail notifications from most people when I was online. Not getting notices of updates I made also made me forget about those.

Well now that I know that this happened, I will not let this happen anymore since I will log in directly to everything and check it. I just wish I knew what was causing this odd thing to happen. Any Ideas?

I hope I don't lose my reputation for good service due to these delays. I wish I knew how long this has been happening.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Jon, I just did a quick search on google and saw several threads about this. Take a look. It appears that they are aware of the problem and "addressing" it.

Joe

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks was jlh. I am glad it is not something that I did. Well I will not rely on the forwarding anymore. I will check directly from now on, it is not good to keep people waiting because mail did not forward properly.

M

MeridianTactical

I have a similar problem, I get 1 or 2 for a day or two and then I get hit with a ton of mail that is a day or two old...

Not all messages make it either... I posted last week about it, as I had a lot of unhappy customers!!!

It seems to happen once a month and last about 3-5 days...

I use Yahoo for my mail and I use the pay service...

Sigh....

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Hotmail incinerates customer files

"Alexandria Felton logged on to her Hotmail account last month and was shocked to find that all of her saved files were gone.

At stake was years' worth of personal and business correspondence, photos and the itinerary for a recently purchased trip, the San Jose, Calif., health care worker said. Frantic, she called the Microsoft-run e-mail service, only to get worse news: Due to "system events," the files were gone forever, and there was nothing to be done about it, a technical support staffer eventually replied."