Got my TnC HyperLux-V (warning: IMAGES)

akula88

Enlightened
Thru the generousity and kind-heartedness of our own KSBMan, I was able to own a HyperLux-V (HA-Natural)

I ordered the light together with a clickie and a mineral glass. I had to course the payment to Keith since Chris (TnC Customs) does not accept anything other than Paypal and MO. It was quite discouraging at first, until I have to call the help of KSBMan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Overall I'm quite happy with the light. It produces a very good 5-Watt throw. (According to Chris on a previous post, the LuxV has a bin of "W" and a vF of "W".) The light is direct drive, no circuit. If you're meticulous about the finish of this light -- the anodizing color has slight variation but is only clear when you have to look closer to it. I'll post a few shots later.

Chris -- In my book, this is a winner!

akula88

Enlightened
Re: Got my TnC HyperLux-V

Disassembled. left tailcap is twisty. right is clickie.
hlv_disassembled0.jpg

akula88

Enlightened
Re: Got my TnC HyperLux-V (Beamshots)

The line-up, for physical reference :
Left-to-right: L4 / PR-T E2 / Z3 / HyperLux V / Mag2C-modded
lineup_0.jpg

Sample beamshots; batteries near full or almost new.
(ex-Nerd's) modded-Mag2C with V4T(DD) and 3xCR123
Mag2C_V4T_3xCR123_0.jpg

Chop-modded PR-T DB917 TWAK with 1xPila168s (could be running in direct drive with Pila)
PRT917_pila_1.jpg

Hyperlux V
HLV_3xCR123_1.jpg

...and all three. Background is a blue wall, so don't mind the tint.
3beams_compared.jpg

akula88

Enlightened

For reference (comparison):
L4 running in regulation with Pila168s
L4_pila_0.jpg

Z3 with P90 running 3xCR123
Z3_P90_CR123_0.jpg

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yum...... I liiiike.... esp the thick stubby body....

I notice the Hyperlux V looks a lil greenish, at least in the beamshot on the wall, both the Mag and the PRT Twak have the wall looking nice and blue, but the W??W makes things look a lil green. Is that evident in real life too or is the camera playing tricks? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Johnny,

I have been using my HyperLux V for some time now and still really like it.

It is one tough bright light, and it looks good as well.

Tom

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
akula88 said:

I ordered the light together with a clickie and a mineral glass. I had to course the payment to Keith since Chris (TnC Customs) does not accept anything other than Paypal and MO. It was quite discouraging at first, until I have to call the help of KSBMan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Chris -- In my book, this is a winner!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Johnny! Just to clarify on payment. I accept Paypal, Cashiers Check, MO, and Personal Checks (7-10 days to clear before shipping)

I am glad to hear you like the light. Nice detailed pictures also.! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

akula88

Enlightened
Chris (TnC)> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif. Excellent Worksmanship! Mine has the number "043"; is this a serial number or model number?

Dom (Nerd)> The HLV is actually very bright white, but your's being "V" bin produces a lot more. It seemed that the camera is doing some "color" tricks. In fact, my eyes seemed to see that my PRT has pinkish tings in the corona.

I estimate that the overall output of HLV is comparable with the Z3-P90.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the W bin should produce more overall light. Also since W is closer to the ever elusive X bin.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

100~~ lumens from a 3 cell LED light after reflector/lens losses is pretty good