When L6 meets pavement...

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
... it's not a pretty sight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cracked_l6.jpg

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
and here's the A2 that I dropped the other day. Man, I gotta stop dropping my lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

cracked_a2.jpg

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, your'e a real klutz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Note to self - don't buy any lights from this guy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Would a lanyard help your grip-deficiency? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I had my L6 hanging on the corner of my chair by a lanyard, but when I got up, it slipped off the corner and landed head-first on the hard cement. Oh well.

The A2...ok, that was my fault. I was just tossing it around for kicks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

To flashlight...that was funny (your response to ttran97). Especially the "note to self" part. That made my morning - I got a great laugh out of that. But I'm not laughing about ttran97's poor lights. I think a lanyard tied tightly around the wrist or something would solve the problem. Better luck in the future, ttran97.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning on sending the head assemblies to Surefire and hope they'll just replace the lenses. The lights are operating just fine. I'm a little worried about the turn-around time though. How long has it taken you guys to get your lights back from Surefire? Thanks.

Never sent one in before, but the company seems very responsive on other issues. Call them first and see if you can get an expedited repair. Maybe you should look at an entire new bezel on the L6. Good luck.

ET

Newly Enlightened
I dropped my L4 on ceramic before. Lens was fine but the light was toast. Phoned up Surefire, got an RMA # and sent it in. Took a bit over a month to get it back. Hope you have a backup light to toss around in the meantime.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
arewethereyetdad said:
To flashlight...that was funny (your response to ttran97). Especially the "note to self" part. That made my morning - I got a great laugh out of that. But I'm not laughing about ttran97's poor lights. I think a lanyard tied tightly around the wrist or something would solve the problem. Better luck in the future, ttran97.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to have made your morning. Was trying to cheer ttran97 up too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do agree it's no laughing matter to drop any precious flashlight. My friend dropped my Arc4+ from a height of about 3 feet onto a hard marble floor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif Luckily it escaped totally unscathed *Phew*
sweat.gif

stockae92

Enlightened
ouch

maybe the bigger the lens the easier that it crack ...

one more reason why my G2Z is a keeper ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
Ouch. This may be why some manufacturers choose to ship lights with Lexan, but I'll still take glass (UCL, Pyrex, Borofloat) any day.

It should take SF under a month to get it back to you. I once returned my L4 when they didn't install the gaskets correctly.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must be lucky. I've droped a 6P, a Scorpion, AND a few arcs alot onto cement (yeah I know im a klutz) but they all work just fine and havent had anything more than a few scrates to show for it.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the words of support, guys. I guess I'll just have to use my M6 for walking around for a while. I'm international right now, so I gotta wait till August before I can get back to the States and mail these babies to SF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Airmon

Newly Enlightened
I've dropped my ARC4 on cement a few times ( working on the car...) and I've dented the front. i started a thread on this a while ago.
Has anyone tried to change a lens on an ARC after denting the front? I'm starting to get some lens scratches and I'm a little concerned about replacing it.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ttran97 said:
I guess I'll just have to use my M6 for walking around for a while. I'm international right now, so I gotta wait till August before I can get back to the States and mail these babies to SF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!!! You mean walking around with SF M6 or Pelican M6? You must be real rich to burn batteries walking around with the SF M6.

Anyway ttran97 you can always call SF even if you are out of the US. I had sent my KL3 back to them twice and I am in Singapore. Unless of course you are in a 3rd world country where mail postage is on a bull cart??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Airmon said:
I've dropped my ARC4 on cement a few times ( working on the car...) and I've dented the front. i started a thread on this a while ago.
Has anyone tried to change a lens on an ARC after denting the front? I'm starting to get some lens scratches and I'm a little concerned about replacing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you PM Mr Gransee and see if he can help?