ArmyTek        

Thread: UV Ink

Flashaholic

Default UV Ink

Does anyone know where I can purchase a UV ink pen. I want to be able to inscribe my name on some of my belongings (ie: computer, stereo, tv, etc..) Incase anything gets stolen, a UV light will aid in recovery of my belongings.

Do some UV inks respond better to certain UV lights ? I'm planning on getting a UV LED keychain light from Led Centre.

thanks,

sylvestor [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*
    NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

Default Re: UV Ink

Try this link, scroll down about midpage and he has a fiber tip pen and a jumbo marker.
    MaxMax
    I don't know how "indelible" or permanent the markers are, so I cannot vouch for these products first hand.

Regards,
    Ed

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edwood:
    Try this link, scroll down about midpage and he has a fiber tip pen and a jumbo marker.
    MaxMax
    I don't know how "indelible" or permanent the markers are, so I cannot vouch for these products first hand.

Regards,
    Ed
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Edwood.

According to Madmax site, "This ink can only be seen when illuminated by a UV or Blacklight emitting in the 350nm - 385nm light range." The UV light I'm supposed to get is 395nm - 405nm. So I'm not sure if this ink will work.

Telephony: do you know if this will work ?

thanks,

sylvestor.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sylvestor:
    The UV light I'm supposed to get is 395nm - 405nm. So I'm not sure if this ink will work.

Telephony: do you know if this will work ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I have no idea.
    I've never seen or used any kind of UV ink.
    It may or may not work.

Flashaholic*
    NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

You may wish to explore this option as well:

Invisible Inks, Inc

Towards the bottom of the page there is a Glo-Pen, which contains invisible UV ink. Just as an FYI, I am just returning from Walt Disney World, and my Wilycon UV keychain does indeed illuminate the invisible ink that they stamped me and my family's hands with. I checked after a couple of washes, and that ink still can be faintly seen with the Wilycon.
    Edit: When they first stamped our hands, they lit up like a beacon under the Wilycon, which I believe uses the same LED that you mention.

Regards,

Ed