KL5 on 9 volts?

rookie

Enlightened
I think it was mentioned before that 9 volts would fry the regulator circuit, just as it would for the KL4.

So, only do so at your own risk. So far, as far as I know, no one here at CPF recommends you try this. It would be a very, very expensive lesson....

TonyBPD

Enlightened
Thanks. I had no intentions of trying it. Just wanted to hear if anyone else has. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it not possible for SF to use a different regulation circuit like the one that is used in the L6 to take 3 batteries? This way we could have a more versatile light and choose either a 2 or 3 batteries configuration by adding or subtracting A19 extender or the likes in HAIII.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
pjandyho,

If SF used the L6 driver in the KL5, it would work great on 3x123 and be a dog on 2x123. One is a boost circuit (KL5's) and the other is a step down (buck) circuit (KL6). The only combo buck/boost circuit in SF's current lineup is in the KL1.

JanCPF

Enlightened
What Don said - And you may then ask: Why not put in a buck/boost circuit like the one in the KL1? The answer to that, I think, is that such a type of converter can't be made as efficient (yet), so runtimes would be rather low. Am I right Don?

Jan

Latest posts