Tomb Raider: yellow light stick

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knowing the movies, it probably is 3 yellow "break & shake" glow sticks wrapped together. Wouldn`t surprise me.

Or possibly some custom prop using cold cathode flourescent or neon tubes if they wanted to be able to have it turn on/off as required on screen.

tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Those were my thoughts as well, looks like they just fabricated the end caps. Also there is no room for the power source.

Thats Hollywood 4 ya!

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sickoutfit:
Those were my thoughts as well, looks like they just fabricated the end caps. Also there is no room for the power source.

Thats Hollywood 4 ya!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) You could probably also could have a cord taped on the inside of the actor's arm.

2) If you look at the Krill lights, you could assume that you could make an EL based light
with the power source inside.

------------------
Counterindication:

With an external power source there isn't really any reason to make it three tubes. Might as well have one tube.
My guess is also glowsticks.

Extra Credit: Tape three long glowsticks together and photographs for the forum.

Extra-Extra Credit: Someone build a 3C EL light in the "wand" form factor and see how usable it is compared to three glow sticks taped together! :)

Extra-Extra-Extra Credit: Lucite rod with LS at each end. Try both light frosting and clear. An alternative might be to use a very bright light like a (2) 123A lamp assembly and check out the effect. Of course the latter couldn't really be self powered, but hey, it's the movies, eh?

-john

Brock

Flashaholic
Being in a Theatrical lighting and sound person I always look at the point source of any light and they are NEVER right. If you look at the shadows on her hair in the shot the light is coming from her face level straight in front of her and the color temp is a little off from the sticks. So the sticks aren't doing anything but lighting up themselves. Of course if they were the true lighting source it would make her look bad and be lit from a funny angle which wouldn't look good, so they fix it
smile.gif