Front row seats to the end of the world???

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm close enough to the Gulf Coast (El. about 30 feet) that if it DOES happen, I'll be gone!

I ain't gonna worry about it. I couldn't hope to do a damn thing about running anyway!

It IS rather interesting reading however!

jhereg

Enlightened
The biggest thing that tells me it is bogus is the timing. We don't know when they are going to strike according to him. He gives 2 - 3 day windows. They would know within a day at the minimum. If they are predicting a strike on the western hemisphere they should have it within an hour or so. Complete nonsense.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
This story has it`s roots on a forum at www.godlikeproductions.com ...can`t really figure the place out. Best I can figure it`s a place where folks try to blend facts with fantasy. The tale told by this guy seems to have gotten some folks there actually believing in his story of doom and gloom. Anyone that points out its just not true is called a "debunker". Perhaps it could be a fun place to weave a tail of...impending blinding by flashlight carrying moon monsters. "I`m not kidding...there here in the city...the bright high beam mother ship is heading west blinding everyone...TV is out...radio is dead...help me warn the rest of the world...PLEASE...believe me". Might be fun. Buts it`s not a well behaved forum like CPF.

Ken

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you folks have any idea how many times the world has ended in just the last year? And yet, I continue to draw breath on the same little planet.

Let me give some advice to doomsayers. Pick a date a little further in the FUTURE.

That being said, warner brothers might be making a movie out of one of the better apocalypse stories I've read, The Forge Of God by Greg Bear.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
WTF!
you gotta be sh!ttin' me.
check ou this...
<snip from that site
Fireball Near Grover´s Mill, N.J.

Startled New Jersey residents tied-up the phone lines late this evening calling authorities to report a large orange fireball that passed over the town and apparently hit the ground several miles west of Grover´s MIll. No reports of fires or injuries from the area have been made, but locals expressed concern that the unknown phenomena had made a rumbling noise when it passed over that was strong enough to rattle windows and frighten pets.
...snip>
Yo fellow sheeple:
Grover's Mill, New Jersey is the landing site of the "Martian invasion" from
the War of the Worlds radio broadcast of 1938
Coincidence? I dont think so. What a croc.
Either way, bring it on, I'm ready.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank god my grandpa ( 87 ) doesen't own a computer
every other conversation with him is gloom and doom
the world is gona end.
He would beleve this and want tickets.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
The whole thing as apparently been reputiated as an "experiment" in controling and creating hysteria. See Steve Quayle's site they have a post (from this morning 6/4/2004) from a group that says they been scamming everyone, they didn't think it would expand this far etc.

http://stevequayle.com/index1.html

GregR

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlphaTea ROTFL! LMAO!!!!!

I can't believe I missed that! My eyes were already misting over by that point in the article. GROVERS MILL!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

OH Thats too good! And they also proved that most people won't be able to read through the whole thing to find the blow off, just like I couldn't force myelf to do...

OK, well that changes it from a jerk, to a very funny post. And instead of deriding it, I LOVE IT.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
People can read anything into anything. If folks want a reason to sell off eveything they own and join the circus, they will find one.

As for me, I wear one of these.

Mike

richpalm

Banned
Yes, I am paranoid! and they ARE out to get me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

The end times are perfectly laid out-just read Matthew 24 in its entirety.

Rich

Empath

Flashaholic
Blaming a conspiracy from the government for hiding such an event is outright foolishness. The consipiracy would have to be extended to the blanket of backyard astronomers that encircle the globe. It would be nearly impossible to keep an astronomical event secret. The government doesn't have a monopoly on telescopes or knowledge of astronomy and physics.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes it seems they hardly have any at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sometimes the "government" would come up Mount Stromlo (before it burned down) and commandeer the 74" telescope for a few hours, telling us that we had to leave.

They never quite worked out how to get rid of the computer's log of where they looked though ...