• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED: VIP Big BulkHead (BBH) Offer

Otokoyama

Enlightened
6/18 The VIP BBH offer is now closed.

The VIP Big BulkHead (BBH) is hereby offered.

The BBH is a 3" reflector designed provide the VIP with the maximum long distance throw capability. It is used in place of the stock head.

The BBH will come ready to use with the following components assembled: 1) 3" reflector that achieves optimal focus when installed on the VIP, 2) one 3mm thick UCL lens from flashlightlens.com, 3) lens retaining ring, 4) specially designed and manufactured lens seal, and 5) plastic (vinyl or polytheylene) dust cap to cover the BBH or stock lens mounting hole when not in use.

All reflectors will be smooth. The Luxeon LED used in the VIP does not have the harsh artifact-producing qualities of an incandescent filament, and at the distance the BBH will probably be used, the smooth reflectors have a more intense, tighter beam. At optimal focus for long distance throw, there will be a small "hole" in the beam at close range (under 10 feet) with either coating.

The reflector and lens ring will be machined from aluminum. All external aluminum surfaces will be hard anodized, type III, in black to match the VIP, as shown below.
AnodBBH.jpg

Note: MR Bulk's VIP not included!

Additional BBH UCLs as needed may be obtained from flashlightlens.com. It's always good to have spares!

Price: US$75 in advance per BBH, shipped CONUS. See below for additional fees based on payment method and foreign shipping. There will be one production run only, with no extras or waiting list.

Payment Methods
<font color="blue">PayPal backed by credit card:</font> Please send payment to [email protected] adding US$2.50 per reflector to cover PayPal fees.
<font color="blue">PayPal backed by bank account:</font> Please send payment to [email protected]. Any credit card-backed payments sent here will be returned.
<font color="blue">Other:</font> Other forms of payment (money order and personal check) are fine, but must clear before I ship. Please email me at [email protected] with your order information including shipping address, and I will send you my mailing address.

Foreign orders: Please add US$10.00 for shipping to Canada and Mexico or US$12.00 for foreign shipping to any other country.

Please specify smooth or orange peel with your payment. Coating will be the very last production step. You can change your mind at any point until then.

Notice: I am estimating that it will take up to 1 1/2 months for you to receive your BBH once this offer is closed. I can offer no guarantee as to the durability or suitability of these components for any particular purpose other than that they will operate as described with the VIP. I reserve the right to cancel this offer and refund all payments received if ordered quantities are insufficient to permit economical production.

PeterB

Enlightened
Re: VIP Big BulkHead (BBH) Offer

Looks great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Is it possible to show a beamshot smooth vs. orange peel?
Thats a really hard decision...

rick258

Enlightened

Otokoyama -- I would like 3 BBH with smooth reflector. Will PP from my home account tonight. Rick

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal sent. Crap.... Crap... Crap. I have messed up. I did the paypal for 2 BBHs but did not specify what reflector I wanted. I would like the smooth reflector for these two. Thanks.

I am actually going to do another paypal for the 3rd BBH shortly.

Sorry for the confusion. I got a little anxious.

Otokoyama

Enlightened

PeterB: I frankly can't make up my mind. I was going to offer this only in smooth as that provides the ultimate in throw, but I'm addicted to that beautiful orange peel beam, even at the expense of throw. So I'm leaving this decision up to you, the end users, and taking on the burden of keeping track of preference.

I'll post a beam shot next week when I get my prototype back. You'll be free to change your preference up until the coating is actually applied, some number of weeks from now.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just place the order for my 3rd BBH w/ Orange Peel reflector. I may change my mind after I see the beamshots from the protos. But for now I will have 2 with smooth and 1 with orange peel.

Thanks.

Otokoyama

Enlightened

cue003: Fantastic idea! Buy one of each! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sebast

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gifPP sent for one with smooth reflector.
Thanks!

rdf

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent for one, smooth reflector.

Otokoyama

Enlightened

By the way, I will be very busy through Thursday 6/10, so please forgive me if I don't reply quickly to posts, PMs, or emails. Thanks.

daz

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent for one Big Bulkhead with smooth reflector /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Otok! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

I'll take 2 smoothies. Email sent.

Britt

Francois1

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one bbh with smooth reflector, sending paypal immediatly.

François.

rfdancer

Newly Enlightened

PP sent.
Damn, damn, damn. I also sent my PP without specifying what type of reflective coating. I got excited and didn't read all of the posting.
please send smooth reflector.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Ok, Ok, I know I can't resist more, I just went to order the twisty tailcap for my VIP that I have to order now this BBH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Paypal will sent in a minute for one smooth BBH.

Thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

photon555

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent for two smoothies. Thanks for offering this quality item for us.