• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Fatman driver interest survey

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
6/7 Enough interest has been shown, so I'll be doing a production run of PCBs. I should have the first boards ready within 3 weeks. Thanks guys!

As posted in the "Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included" forum the Fatman driver is in prototype and so far all testing shows it performing to spec.

The purpose of this thread is to see what the interest is in such a driver if I go ahead and run some production boards.

Price will be in the US$20 - $25 range, depending on how many folk are interested and how many parts I order etc. Basically economy of scale.

I have the PCB layout complete, a few small changes from the prototype (mostly cosmetic) and I'm ready to give the ok to the PCB house to run the blank boards (already received a quote back from them).

For technical details of the driver please see the thread in the above mentioned forum.

After all my rectangular shaped drivers I figured it was time for a round flashlight/torch friendly design /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks,
george.

jtice

Flashaholic
Im in for one, or Two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put me down for two, maybe more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Flatscan

Enlightened
I have a 3x3W waiting for 1. I don't think I'll get another one in the immediate future.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, thanks guys. Looks like there's enough interest to justify a pilot run. I'll get 250 PCB's made (economy of scale) and build up 50 or so initially.

I just did some efficiency tests and posted them in the other thread. I'm quite impressed with the results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If all goes to plan I should have production boards in about 2 - 3wks.

Thanks for your interest,
george.