should we insure our collections of lights

Brock

Flashaholic
I don't know I should ask about this also. I have thought about it, we have our camera insured separately, maybe it is covered under the house contents?

napalm-2002

Enlightened
aragorn i remember when you would not touch a soldering gun let alone a Glock...
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
It should all be covered under the house insurance. I have a sofa worth more than my lights. And tools, and art, and crystal-ware...well, you get the idea. I have an entire household full of stuff that's worth money. That's that the "contents" part of homeowners (or renter's) insurance is all about.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
darell, crystal wear ???
Must be a "Suit of Lights" I suppose ......

One thing about insurance policies, they seem to have a lot of conditions.
For Contents insurance, besides the
"no one item to exceed XXX dollars",
there is the question of simply
"losing something away from the household".

Some policies won't cover you for losses away from the domicile, so check that.

lightlover
shocked.gif
frown.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

[EDIT - darell first wrote *crystal-wear* in his post above, but then changed it, the rascal. See his post below for the (now) failed attempt at concealment !! ]

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
darell, crystal wear ???
Must be a "Suit of Lights" I suppose ......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, ok. I've edited my post, so if everything works as planned, your post won't make any sense to anybody now
smile.gif
If you haven't realized it already, I'm about the world's worst college-educated speller.

My crystal-wear doesn't do much for my modesty, but it sure makes me popular on the party circuit. "Hey baby - I'm cut and leaded."

Thanks for keeping your eye on me -
- Darell

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a person that has his share of breakins & losses (mostly handguns), I'ld like to make a suggestion. Even though I doubt there are any limits on flashlights on most policies, you better be prepared to prove what you had. On this board, a $300 flashlight or a $2000 collection may seem normal, to the rest of the world, it may not. (not implying that flashaholics aren't normal)
idiot.gif

I would suggest you keep a record of models; where & when purchased; receipts if posible; & pictures if avaible. Then there's the problem of keeping the value list where the wrong person won't find it.
grin.gif
grin.gif

TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Being a person that has his share of breakins & losses (mostly handguns), I'ld like to make a suggestion. Even though I doubt there are any limits on flashlights on most policies, you better be prepared to prove what you had. On this board, a $300 flashlight or a $2000 collection may seem normal, to the rest of the world, it may not. (not implying that flashaholics aren't normal)
idiot.gif

I would suggest you keep a record of models; where & when purchased; receipts if posible; & pictures if available. Then there's the problem of keeping the value list where the wrong person won't find it.
grin.gif
grin.gif

TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>