Radioshack sale (Canada)

P

PaulD

Hi,
The Canadian Radioshack chain has put their 1 watt luxeon flashlight (equivalent to NUWAI ALX-1113A - I think) on sale till June 20. It went from $49 Cdn ($36 US) to $29 Cdn ($21 US). I almost bought the 4led Dorcy (2AA) at the local Home Hardware store for $25 Cdn but I'm now glad I waited.
The NUWAI runs on 3AAA cells and performs quite well.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
the SOUTCE by Circuit City has purchased Radio Shack Canada. They are offering the sale again for the 1W 3AAA aluminium flashlight. Looks like the Nuwai ALX-1113A.
Model# is 611-8952 CAD$29 +tax until Sunday June 19, 2005
-----
Phone the store to check stock.
Computer showed 1 in downtown Hamilton store but they could not find it. They sent me to Center Mall (5 in the computer). Center Mall store had 1 on display which I bought. They could not find the other 4.
-----
This is the brightest flashlight I own using the cieling bounce method.
Narrowish beam. The hotspot plus corona fits into the hotspot only of my Dorcy 2 AA luxeon. I also lucked out on the luxeon lottery. White beam, not the pu**-green in some other posts about this light.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
stormtrooper77 said:
They also have a 3w Luxeon, 123 light for 69.99.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the QIII with Radio shacks name on it, and a big monster of a price tag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did $29.95 turn into $69.95? That is oxer twice as much. For those who prefer the Q-III .j2ledflashlight sells it for CAD$44.99 plus shipping. They are in Canada so no 3 week wait at customs nor brokerage charges. Or you can wait until the Source by CC puts it on sale. I did not even look at the Q-III because the batteries are $19.95 a pair. I just stole the 3xAAA 15 minute NiMH from my headlamp.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radio Shack is like Sears in my opinion. They have high
list prices so they can sell things at 40 or 50% off
later.

I suspect in a few months they will have the QIII clone
on sale for $49.99 which is close (but higher) than
j2ledflashliht's price.

Greg

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not a clone, it is the QIII, Radio shack bought 100,000 of them from Nuwai.
The batteries are just a buck a piece, you can get them from many places here for around that price. We even have a guy here in Canada who has 123's for 1 buck or so. Better yet go rechargable, I use r123's in mine and my wifes and my sons. It's free light.
Don't make the mistake of letting $10 batteries turn you off of a light like this one..
Pm me and I will hook you up with the right people to make this thing cheap to buy and free to run. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Pyd

PhantomZ

Enlightened
have some of the Canadian Radioshack kept the name or will all of them be changed to The Source?

i dont really like the new name and logo...

edit - oops sorry didnt mean to jack your thread

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhantomZ said:
have some of the Canadian Radioshack kept the name or will all of them be changed to The Source?

i dont really like the new name and logo...

edit - oops sorry didnt mean to jack your thread

[/ QUOTE ]

What I heard on the news:
Circuit city has bought all the canadian Radio Shack stores from Intertan and are renamining them all The Source CC. :-(
Radio Shack USA will open 30 new stores in Canada under the Radio Shack name soon. :)

PhantomZ

Enlightened
thanks for the info LEDninja /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

it was kinda sad when i heard the news. it wont be quite the same if i walked into the new radioshack opened here...

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDninja said:
What I heard on the news:
Circuit city has bought all the canadian Radio Shack stores from Intertan and are renamining them all The Source CC. :-(
Radio Shack USA will open 30 new stores in Canada under the Radio Shack name soon. :)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't heard about RS USA opening up stores. From a flashlight
point of view I know which company will be better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greg

gpk

Newly Enlightened
Bah Radioshack Canada always sucked IMO. They charged on average 2.5 times the US price. I spoke to an employee the same week they became SourceCC and he said they didn't really have much to do with Radioshack USA when they were Radioshack; pretty name only. Accodrding to him Source CC has like many times the buying power of Radioshack Canada so maybe in the future we'll see a better inventory...