**ATTN: Mr. Gransee** Non Acceptable Repair Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuelblender

Enlightened
Peter, on April 20th ARC received my LSHP for repairs. At the time I was told it would take about 4 weeks to receive a new shipment of PCB's. Now it's JUNE 5th and still nothing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Although I suspect that you have no control over this situation, is there anything you can do to speed things up? Three months is a long time to be in the dark!!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Fuelblender. Sorry for the delay. No, if there was something I could have done I would have done it already. Like Merri said in the email, we are still waiting on the PCBs. I expect them to take another 2-3 weeks. We can refund, exchange or wait.

Again, I am sorry.

Peter

fuelblender

Enlightened
...Sigh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll wait.

Seems like this always happens to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif.

indenial

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
fuelblender said:

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel any better, this kinda stuff (in general) always happens to me, too!

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
FuelBender,

At least you've only had to wait 47 days, and Peter had a good reason, is reachable, and has good customer service and communication.

With this other company, which is non-flashlight related and shall remain nameless for now, I've waited over 15 weeks for something that was supposed to take four, and I'm still waiting. The guy doesn't respond to e-mails, you have to call him to get ahold of him (you often find an answering machine instead), and if you bring up a topic (such as this excessive latency) that he doesn't like, he's rather belittling. To put the icing on the cake, he still hasn't provided a good reason as to why it's taken this long.

Peter and Merri, the couple of times I've dealt with them are golden, the products arrive here in a day or two after I order them (FedEx gets from Arizona to Texas very fast), they've got superb customer service. At least Peter has got a reason why these things aren't going as fast as expected. In my situation with this other seller, I still have no clue with it's been an extra 11 weeks and counting...

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
indenial said:
[ QUOTE ]
fuelblender said:

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel any better, this kinda stuff (in general) always happens to me, too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and to make matters worse, I was the one who wreaked it in the first place! Took it all apart and when putting it back together, I applied *too much* torque to the spanner nut and "squashed" the LED. ... And it was such a nice WHITE LED (no color tint at all) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif; hope the next one is as good!

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Endeavour said:
FuelBender,

At least you've only had to wait 47 days, and Peter had a good reason, is reachable, and has good customer service and communication.

With this other company, which is non-flashlight related and shall remain nameless for now, I've waited over 15 weeks for something that was supposed to take four, and I'm still waiting. The guy doesn't respond to e-mails, you have to call him to get ahold of him (you often find an answering machine instead), and if you bring up a topic (such as this excessive latency) that he doesn't like, he's rather belittling. To put the icing on the cake, he still hasn't provided a good reason as to why it's taken this long.

Peter and Merri, the couple of times I've dealt with them are golden, the products arrive here in a day or two after I order them (FedEx gets from Arizona to Texas very fast), they've got superb customer service. At least Peter has got a reason why these things aren't going as fast as expected. In my situation with this other seller, I still have no clue with it's been an extra 11 weeks and counting...

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I guess I should count my lucky stars that I'm dealing with ARC - they are good, I'll give them that!
It's just that every now and then I get a big burr up my butt. Guess I'm just getting old...

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all taken into consideration, waiting for 47 days, just stinks period. And then having to wait another 14-21 days..... can't be fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes, I understand his predicament, and it stinks no matter which way you slice it. Just saying that at least the people he's dealing with are good, standup people and have a reason.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PCBs in the LSx series are made from flexible circuits. There is another special requirement about them that also makes them difficult to procure but I will keep that private. We ran out of boards but decided to keep making the LSH for a while longer because you guys asked for it. So we put another order in with the CM several months ago. I don't recall the whole story off hand but I think the CM had problems with the board house and decided to switch to another board supplier. This introduce additional delays of course. Things are moving along and the largest part of the delay is behind us. The new boards are identical to the last batch, we just have a new sub contractor.

Again, I am sorry for the delay.

Peter

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
The PCBs in the LSx series are made from flexible circuits. There is another special requirement about them that also makes them difficult to procure but I will keep that private. We ran out of boards but decided to keep making the LSH for a while longer because you guys asked for it. So we put another order in with the CM several months ago. I don't recall the whole story off hand but I think the CM had problems with the board house and decided to switch to another board supplier. This introduce additional delays of course. Things are moving along and the largest part of the delay is behind us. The new boards are identical to the last batch, we just have a new sub contractor.

Again, I am sorry for the delay.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ] Peter,

After reading your explanation, there's no reason at all to be upset with ARC, so no apology is necessary.

I've just been having a string of bad misfortunes lately (I'm sure you know what that's like!) and as you know when stress levels are high, it's easy to lash out.

Keep up the faith and good work; I knew I picked a winner when I chose ARC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aedge

Newly Enlightened
The last days of April I ordered an Arc4 (rev2) and a few day later I had it in my hands. First thing I noticed was the sharp feeling on my thumb the FIRST time I ever pushed the button. After opening the tailcap I noticed that the Aluminium cone was tilted; I put it back in straight and after that my light operated without a flaw for more then a month. One negative point stayed: The switch activates easy when the light is in your pocket or clipped on your belt. That was during the first month.........

Now 12 days ago my light did NOTHING anymore. Switch felt dead, only removing the battery gave some action after putting it back.
After an email to Merry the light was sent back to Tempe for repair/replacing. Yesterday the light came back and it worked again, BUT.........
The switching is now far to sensitive. A simple touch activates the switch and causes the light to go on. Because there is also bounce involved the action wanted by me causes sometimes that one push is interpreted as two (or more) by the Arc4.
You can imagine that this is very dissapointing to me.
How is it possible that even after a repair the result is at this level?
The behaviour of the switch was better before the repair.
I did some investigation. After unscrewing the top cap and putting the brass springplate on top of the minus and the rim of the aluminium housing (just making the current loop) it takes hardly extra pressure to activate the light. So well before the click is heard the action is done.
What can I do next? Sending it back again?
For letting you know this all I even joined this forum. So my first post is af a high caliber......

Status
Not open for further replies.