LED light lamp and filament

B

batterman

Dear all, our lamp are made from common bulb of double filaments. I want to make it with LED light, but the LED light is not good quality in my area. How can I solve this problem?

B

batterman

By the way, our lamp is made from Li-ion battery, is very small and light, if it can change the bulb as LED light, it is just perfect. I hope somebody can tell me how to do with it.

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom,

I'm having some trouble following you, but I think you are making a mining light using a conventional bulb and want to try using LEDs.

While there are no single LEDs available to you, I assume 5 mm white LEDs as commonly exported through Hong Kong are? Based on your light output needs, you'll need 16 to 20 of them probably, each driven to 25 mA or so (a bit less total than you're now using, but not much).

I'd suggest groups in parallel sharing common drive. This would also allow you various levels by lighting up more or less groups as needed. Becuase Li-ion cells are flat in discharge, resistors should work fine.

Am I on the right track?

TIA

Doug Owen

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom, you could get Nichia LED from Hong Kong. I think they should have distributor in China as well.

Alan