how do people get along with out paypal

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i cant get paypal no credit card and no bank acct.im starting to think it is inposble to get along with out it.most places take paypal.it seems silly to send a money order have way acroos country .i wish they would make it easier to get paypal

paulr

Flashaholic
Sometimes I just send cash in the mail. When the amounts are small and you trust the other person, it's not much of a risk. Wrap the bills in at least two layers of paper, and tape them down to keep them from sliding around. You can buy "security" envelopes (they have squiggles printed on the inside of the envelope) which make it harder for anyone to see what's inside the envelope by holding it up to the light. It's probably a good idea to use those. I do sometimes, but not always.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couple of reasons I don't/won't use Paypal. My understanding is they are part of/owned by Ebay and, like Ebay, won't allow firearm transactions (altho I think they do allow parts, accessories, etc). I feel very strongly about 2nd amendment rights and try not to do business with those who do not support those rights.

I also understand it is very difficult to get a problem resolved and that there is no recourse to paypal decisions.

Almost all merchants accept a secure credit card transaction. I have always had reasonable success in getting a problem merchant or merchandise dealt with thru the credit card company. If I deal with an individual, as I have several times with CPF members, I just go to the corner convenience store and pay $.49 for a money order. If it's not too much, I'll just send cash.

My info re: Ebay/Paypal is mostly from reading forum posts, etc. If I'm misinformed, plese let me know.

Bill.H

Enlightened
It's easy if you have a credit card, and they're very simple to get, no matter how bad your credit is. Just remember not to abuse it!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question, Tyler. I take a pretty simplistic "us versus them" attitude regarding the issue. If they choose to not assist in the legal sale of a legal firearm, that's their business. They are, I believe, hindering my right to make such a purchase or sale, thereby affecting my right to "keep and bear arms". I choose not to support those who make that choice and certainly will not do business with those who choose to support the anti-gun folks (which is the case, I believe, with Ebay/Paypal).

It's really pretty simple. Again, if I'm misinformed about the issue, please let me know.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
I did not know ebay did that with fire arms. There are probly a load of legal resons why they don't allow that as well. with that said it is your legal right to not deal with them but boy that cuts out on a heck of a lot of stuff, there is soo mutch stuff on e-bay.
I have used paypal for allmost 2 years now and run it on a second and seperate bank account for safty reasons and have not had any problems todate (knock on wood)
I personaly do not like giving out a credit card number to anyone that I don't need to. Most idenity theft comes from emplyees at all types of merchants both big and small.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I can do without because A: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

And B: Don't know my Paypal password! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

No, really I didn't use CC wisely. So I am much more apt to pay CC bill than use Paypal!!!