Arc LS Heatsink/Board Dimensions? Pictures added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I'm looking to modify an Arc LS using a TX1M Luxeon III and a convertor from Dat2zip's Sandwich Shoppe.

I don't have any stock Arc LS boards to just put another sense resistor on to boost the current, otherwise I'd use one of those.

I'd like to draw up some a heastink design that accomodates a board from the shoppe and fits well in the body.

All that being said, can anyone here provide me with the diameter and height of an Arc LS board? (Not including the anode contact or the board & LED)

What is the maximum height heatsink that can be put into a Rev2 Body? I've been offered some 'hybrid' boards with a thicker heatsink, but I do not think they will work.

Any help is appreciated.

-EM

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc LS Heatsink/Board Dimensions?

Diameter and height .80"x.080". This does not include any component height. This is the heatsink plus flex printed circuit.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Doug. How tall is the board with the anode contact included, but no components?

I'm going to see if I can get some custom heatsinks machined so I can modify a few bodies to Lux IIIs with some MM or BB convertors from Dat2zip's Sandwich Shoppe.

Thanks for your help.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Endeavour said:
Thanks Doug. How tall is the board with the anode contact included, but no components?

I'm going to see if I can get some custom heatsinks machined so I can modify a few bodies to Lux IIIs with some MM or BB convertors from Dat2zip's Sandwich Shoppe.

Thanks for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

0.120"

W4DIZ

Enlightened

WOW,Very Nice Endeavour! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks W4DIZ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Completely unrelated: Anyone know what the thread size is on the arc battery packs? It's not flashlight related, I just like that thread size and would like to use it for something else I'm getting made.

Led-Ed

Enlightened

I have a homemade sandwich in my old LSL-P.
I made it with an MMwo , a 1981 penny ,Q4Hld and a cut-down fraen LP optic.
The penny was flattened down to fit nicely into the light and I put the MM right against the penny and potted it with epoxy putty.
Beware-the stock ARC heatsink is too thick to do this-even the penny setup forced me to grind down the front of the Fraen.So you want to use a heatsink that is about half as thick as a penny or as thin as you dare.
The problem with replacing the "guts" of an LS is that the stock board is one sided-with the MM the inductor caused it to be too thick .

Led-Ed

Enlightened

BTW my homebuilt LS sandwich had an lux3 in it to start,but with the Fraen the beam was a too tight for my liking.Output was great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.