Pelican L1 in hiding?

patg

Newly Enlightened
The Pelican L1 sure looks like a nice little LED light. I can't find much CPF feedback on it though.
VCAL has mentioned it and Craig Johnson has reviewed it, but other than that I don't see much feedback.
Does it live in a pocket well? Light quality, run time?
Thanks!

Pat

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patg:
The Pelican L1 sure looks like a nice little LED light. I can't find much CPF feedback on it though.
VCAL has mentioned it and Craig Johnson has reviewed it, but other than that I don't see much feedback.
Does it live in a pocket well? Light quality, run time?
Thanks!

Pat
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO-the best $10. kring light out there...pocket carried 7 months now. Use SR-44 silvr oxide for 2 hours strong light. Easy battery change. Output with alk. LR-44s (10 for $2.) comparable to Photon 2.

I cut off the built-in pocket clip for more compact keyring use. ALSO-this little squirt has a great handy momentary button.
Simple, tough, powerful, sensible little light. I like it so well that I carry it in addition to Arc-LE and P2
blush.gif
blush.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened
About time somebody started talking about the L1! This is one of my favorite lights, second only to my SF E1. I have Princeton Tech photon key ring light, and the L1 is several times brighter. It weighs nothing, is tiny and produces a ton of light for short distances. It comes with a neck cord, which I use quite a bit. The clip is a little flimsy, but I use it a lot. For $10 I would say it is the best bang for the buck I have ever had light wise.

Brock

Flashaholic
I carried the L1 (with the clip cut off)until I got an Arc. The L1 is a bit brighter, but is way overdriving the LED. It also cost's more to change the batteries then the Arc does. If you leave the L1 and Arc on for 10 minutes the Arc is brighter. The Arc is also smaller.

Don't get me wrong, if I didn't ahve the Arc I would still be carrying the L1, it is a good little light and cheaper then the Arc, I just like the feel and size of the Arc more now.

Spork

Enlightened
I have the L1 also. I ordered it when I bought a photon 2. its a good light but I think my arc is just as bright. I still havent found anything better than a photon 2 for on my keys.