AAA Standard or Premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewinski

Newly Enlightened
Hi all

I'm deciding between the Standard or Premium. While I have seen a few photos comparing the brightness, I would like some feedback from the regular flashaholics./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

The last (and only) light I had was the 2AA Maglite, which did me good...till I lost it. I just want a nice, bright EDC.

Thanks!

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a standard and I believe its all your going to need. I doubt the little extra brightness of the Premium would ever be needed. I have never actually used a Premium but I just dont think you would notice the little more extra light. Maybe I am wrong, not sure though.
Cameron

EmissionLine

Newly Enlightened
I have an old premium ('bout a year) and a new standard. The new standard appears just as bright, and I actually like the color better. I say get the standard. You definitely won't be disappointed.

fluorescent

Enlightened
I have recent premiums and standards... My vote is to go with the premium. The standards show rings when you do a beam shot against the wall. The color is also rather blue/green when compared to the premium..

EmissionLine

Newly Enlightened
My experience is just the opposite. Both of my new standards look almost pink next to the greenish premium. The only difference in the standard and premium appears to be a minor tint difference. Same brightness. From now on, I'm only buying the standard. The small difference in color isn't worth the $10, IMHO.

Zigzago

Enlightened
If you expect the Arc AAA to be as bright as a 2AA Mag, you may be disappointed. It's good for finding your way around a dark room or doing close-up work, but it won't throw a spot like the Mag. The Arc is prized because it's finely made, rugged, waterproof, has long runtime, no bulb to burn out and because it's small enough to be in your pocket when you need it.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the premiums are really nice, but the color and smoothness of the beam is always a gamble. The premiums are not any brighter than the standards. The premium is worth the extra $10 only if you happen to get one with a very good LED, which of course you can't know ahead of time.

Geode

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brewinski said:
Hi all

I'm deciding between the Standard or Premium. While I have seen a few photos comparing the brightness, I would like some feedback from the regular flashaholics./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

The last (and only) light I had was the 2AA Maglite, which did me good...till I lost it. I just want a nice, bright EDC.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go Premium and you will be glad you did. I have owned both and the premium has a better, whiter beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.