Boosting the L1 revisited

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just some thoughts, no actual work (yet).

I just got my L2. I haven't yet disassembled it (I don't have Don's lack of regard for brand new Surefires /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), but it seems logical to assume the circuit could be transplanted into an L1, creating the boosted L1 that so many have wanted.

Comparing the L2 circuit to the L1 circuit may also give some clues to boosting the stock L1 circuit.

Unfortunately, I don't have an L1 anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Humm.... Maybe that's why I haven't been able to get my hands on a L2 yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I don't know if the coffin is the same physical size as the L1 yet or not; obviously. I do have a number of L1 circuits in various states of "ouch". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

EDIT: I have two L2's on order from TW and one will remain unhurt for a while at least whil the other will immediately go into the "chamber". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif 3x123 simply must be investigated...................

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Just so you know we're paying attention /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
the other will immediately go into the "chamber". 3x123 simply must be investigated...................

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

You're doggone right it must. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tyler,

I assume this to be the case but until I have one to investigate, I'm even more clueless than normal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I think first up will be a "L3" that will be 3x123 with a PR-T, 5W & DB750. I'll probably set the resistor value for a significantly dimmer low than the 15 lumens of the stock head. The resistors are great with the DB's since they can nicely drop the circuit out of regulation without consuming too much power. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif Something tells me my wallet isn't going to like this. Perhaps it's time for a second job so I can expand my hobby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike