First Major Mod.

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to tell someone that appreciates lights, about my first real mod. Got some defective Arc heads from Doug, and some TWOJ's from Klaus,(thanks to you both) you can guess the rest. The boards were good, so I just added a resistor to kick up the current and put in the 3W. Wow, it destroys mt LSH-Premiums, all of them. Wish I could post pics, but I suck. Seeing all those lights by jet22, and others, just makes you want to mod. The next one will be with a MM-WO, and probably a reflector. I think it will be even better. Thanks for the inspiration guys, Maybe next time I'll get some help with the pics.
Brandon

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds very nice, do you know what the runtime is? If hosting and posting pics is the problem, please feel free to send them my way and I'll take care of the rest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Xrunner, don't know runtime yet, will do a test tonight and let you know. As far as the pics. go, I have some, and that would be cool if you could help post them. The beam is very nice, bright and white as you would expect. My power supply went on the fritz, so I don't know exactly what the current to the emitter is, but it is around 600mA. Will keep you posted, and X, look for an e-mail from me, Maybe a day or so.
Brandon

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good, I'll keep any eye out for the e-mail sometime in the next few days. Does the bezel get pretty hot during extended runs?

-Mike

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
Mike, e-mail sent. The light ended up running for almost exactly an hour until moon mode. It does get fairly warm if you let it set on the table, but not consernably warm if held in your hand. I guess it probably would not be my first choice to candle. Hope to have pics up with help from Xrunner. Would like to see what you guys think.
Brandon

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info... I received the e-mail but for some reason the pictures won't show up correctly. Would it be possible for you to resend it with the pictures as an attachment?

-Mike

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the e-mail... here they are. I downsized them for posting, hope you don't mind.

-Mike

117-1729_IMG.jpg

117-1723_IMG.jpg

117-1726_IMG.jpg