TnC Keylux N cell real life runtime test

JanCPF

Enlightened
I've just received my TnC Keylux N cell. And WOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif – that is an amazing little light that has already replaced my otherwise trusted Arc AAA. To test the little "bugger" I decided to put it through a real life runtime test. A couple of times a week I go for 1½ hour long night walks in the woods, and for that I use my L4 on Pilas. That combo is unbeatable for that purpose. After about 55 min. when my first Pila is depleted, I normally drop in the next Pila, but yesterday I thought I'd try the Keylux for the remaining half an hour of my walk. Actually I had expected the Keylux to go dim after about 15-20 minutes or so, and then I would have let it burn until the output equalled my Arc AAA. But that sweet little light refused to go dim even though I made my walk longer than normal. The Keylux lit up the trail significantly more than Arc AAA even after 45 minutes where I turned it off. Before I started my walk I thought I would report the Keylux "runtime-to-Arc AAA-level" here on CPF today, but as it turned out, the runtime was so much better that it never reached that level.

Oh BTW - the beam is perfectly round and kind of medium flood'ish with good sidespil and the output is as snow white as my L4. The above test was done using the NiMH battery that came with it.

Jan