Lower price on Golden Gadgets Luxeons

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I was just checking some of the banner ads and noticed Golden Gadgets have many of their 1 watt Luxeons on sale.Now both of the pocket sixe 1-123 cell are on sale for 29 dollars vs the old price of 49 dollars.(stock# s-1801 and s-1703)The 2-123 versions are also on sale for 29 dollars.I asked a question on these some time past and can not find the thread anymore.For the cost I feel I can not go wrong but can anyone tell me as to the tint of these models or even if they may make a good host light for a mod if I did not like the tint?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Golden Gadgets Luxeons

Sorry to say the tint and brightness of the one's I received were sub-par. I have one in front of me: P1LW 0004537 1203LXHLMW1C
very yellowish and green.
but hey, you may get lucky.

david

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

Robocop:
I got an S1704 some time ago, see mini-review here.

I also just (today) got their new 3 W version, which is extremely similar - but brighter!

I have now ordered twice, and been very pleased both times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Maybe you could edit the title of your post to something like: "Lower Prices on Golden Gadgets Luxeons"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Threepio

Newly Enlightened

I bought the 1 watt luxeon that runs off the 3AAA cartridge. The flashlight is nicely made, with a great beam, smooth and focused. The color is as though it's shining through Mountain Dew. I wouldn't buy another...
--Bob

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

Robocop:
I hope lots of people check out this thread. When I first posted about some of the LS lights at GoldenGadgets; some guys said the lights looked good, but they were overpriced. As my experiences have both been positive, I will probably be ordering from them again soon.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've long been interested in a Luxeon driven by a single CR123A.

A single CR123A should still make a compact Luxeon light that performs -

BUT most of the ones I've seen seem to be significantly BIGGER than necessary. The 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" of those 2 Golden Gadget lights make them substantially bigger than housing a single CR123A (spec'd at 17mm (diameter) x 34.5mm (length) = approx 0.67" x 1.36")

Surely a single CR123A Luxeon flashlight could be made that's about -
7/8" diameter x less than 3.5" length -
easily fitting any electronics, and have enough material for heat-sinking?

BTW - does anyone know which of the two Golden Gadgets' 1x CCR123A Luxeons is smaller?
- they are both spec'd exactly the same size but look significantly different.
S1703
S1801

(and I'm hoping cpf member haveblue may have something on a single CR123A Luxeon)