Arc4x to a New Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Here's the new look of my (2) Arc4x lights.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being that I'm kinda new to arcs, can I get a comparison to how much brighter the Arc 4x is then a normal 4+?

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Wow Ray,those are nice! Your the Man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
How do you like the switch guards?Do you find it hard to use the switch?

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arcoholic and this_is_nascar,
Thank you for the tips in the previous thread . I can't see the photos you posted though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So I'll post some myself.
HDS_prt1.jpg
HDS_prt2.jpg
HDS_prt4.jpg

Without any tinkering, my proto 2*123 has battery rattle, and only 'momentary on' functions. When held bezel down, the light will flicker on without pushing the switch sometimes.

I tried 2 different washers with this_is_nascar's temporary fix. One is 12mm(0.47 inches) in diameter and 0.8mm(0.03 inches) thick. It worked the first time, but after trying again, it did not work. I think the washer got caught off centre during the first attempt, but it fit snugly into the recess of the batteries' negative end the second time making it useless.

Next I tried a split spring washer (is that what you call them?). It's the same size as above but about 2x thicker. The spring is quite stiff. It works, but not as reliably as I wish.
HDS_prt3.jpg

These are the only washers I have on hand right now, but I think a thinner spring washer may do the job.

The washer is a temporary fix anyways, but do you think trimming the length of the battery pack is safe? I thought about shaving some length off too, but after asking advice on another forum, someone pointed out that the balance between the ordinary coil spring and 'gold plate thingy' on both ends is quite tricky, and the problem may be difficult to solve by just doing this.

[ QUOTE ]
How does the switch work with the new tail cap?

[/ QUOTE ]
The guarded tailcap is really something I wanted and it works fine. For some reason, combined with my Rev1 head and switch components, it has a very pleasant 'knock'. It has more travel, enough to feel an actual 'click'. It is easier to use with the index finger than your thumb (for me), and I feel that the Rev 2 knurling around the head may be better for this combination. Though it has holes for a 'bezel down' configuration, the standard clip will protrude and interfere for use in candle mode.

Oh, mine is not a X, just a great, wonderful, best EDC I've found so far, ordinary 4+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
nekomane

83Venture

Enlightened
I hope that additional battery packs and a standup tail assembly will become available soon. Would greatly extend the versatility of the ARC 4.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
I'm confused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Are those powerpacks and new tails already available?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
The guard and 2x123 pack are being redesigned for the rev3 switch.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can I learn more about the rev3 switch? What is it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
I am sorry I don't have more board time these days...but Ray, are those Arc tail switches? and when the hell can I get one for my Arc 4..and HOW did you luck out and get 2 X's? dang.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think Rev3 switch designs were anounced..and you know what...it should be kept that way until it is released or finalized.

That's just my opinion though.

I WANT AN ARC4!!!!

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Peter, does that mean that I need a rev3 switch before I can get a guard? I need a guard badly.

DaveT

Enlightened
Mr. Blue -
One solution you could try right away would be CY's Rev 1.2 mod.
I reviewed it here: Switch Mod 1.2 Review
and there's a link there to CY's instructions.
I really like it on my Arc4.
Dave

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Both the 2x123 tube and the flatend tailcap where proto's that I picked up in the B/S/T forum. Please, let's not go down the path of who owns the rights of these, etc. That topic has been beat to death. Currently, these products are not available. Arc is in the process of making a 2x123 tube and a flatend tailcap. I'd expect they will look similar to these, but who knows.

I only posted this hear so that 1) you could get a look at the Arc4 with the 2x123 tube and 2) see the funtionality of the new-style flatend tailcap. This tailcap + 2x123 configuration feels so good in my hand.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
thanks Ray.
I had no intention of discussing the law, I get enough of that at my job.
Just wanted a tail cap.
2 4x's...lucky dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts