SL TT Series HELP

SurferGuy710

Newly Enlightened
I want to purchase one of the lights from the Twin-Task series but I'm having trouble deciding. If I'm correct the 2D one lasts the longest but the 2L is the brightest, I want a really bringht one so I dont know if giving up the brightness is worth the run time and more LED's...which would you choose and why?

The 2D is heavier, larger and a little more expensive...

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would strongly suggest the 3C. i had this one and regret selling it(needed money at the time). it feels great in hand! and it is only 2nd brightest in the line-up in LED mode to the 2D version. to be honest from other opinions and from what i've seen the 2L is a little big for a 2x123 setup so if it's smaller size that gives the 2L brownie points in your eyes, you might want to re-consider it. the 3C is of course a little bigger but it just feels so good in hand and is plenty bright, plus it uses easy to find and cheap C batteries.

now if it is small size that would win you over ultimately, then consider the 1L. i have the pre-Streamlight version from Cabela's and think it's an awesome light.

check out this review to help you in your decision:

http://flashlightreviews2.home.att.net/reviews/streamlight_twintasks.htm

oh yeah, i've heard that the 2D is not so great.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much runtime do you need? I have the 2L and its just right for a car light with the runtime and battery type. Sizewise over runtime I'd choose size cos I can easily carry and store spare 123s over a bulkier light anytime.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
2L is brightest xenon (72 Lumens) plus 3 LED
3C is also bright xenon (70 Lumens) plus 6 LED
2D has longest run time but not bright (42 Lumens) plus 10 LED
I would suggest 2L because it is small, bright and light weight.
Good luck.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats right David, and thanks for the trade... I'm loving it! Having trouble keeping it in the car cos I just can't stop playing with it all the time! Its a great light for its size, really...

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
fivemega said:
2L is brightest xenon (72 Lumens) plus 3 LED
3C is also bright xenon (70 Lumens) plus 6 LED
2D has longest run time but not bright (42 Lumens) plus 10 LED
I would suggest 2L because it is small, bright and light weight.
Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

in reference to the the 2L and 3c, the 2L may be "brighter" in terms of LUMENS according to "claimed" specs but the flashlightreviews.com proves otherwise when it comes to hotspot/throw "brightness". im also wondering if a 2 lumens difference would be noticable?????

Boris

Newly Enlightened
3C is the best.. is more balanced in brightness/runtime. Is one of the best "General Use" flashlight i own. 2L is smaller, but runtime is shorter, and batteries are not everywere. but, if you can handle it, 2L could be a better option.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2L and 3C are equally bright and have about the same throw. My 2D is somewhat less bright but still quite good. The 2D is less comfortable to use because of its size. It's noticeably thicker than a D size Mag. All three have beams which are similar in appearance to, and precisely the same size as, a Surefire A2, although they're less bright and have less throw than the A2.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never known this crowd to be short of nor have trouble finding lithiums.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the output/throw chart, the 2L seems to have double the total output of an L1 but not a lot more throw. In actual use how do the L1 & L2 compare? I only have an L1 and am considering an L2 in the future.

john_bud

Newly Enlightened
Jayflash,

The L2 is better than the L1 in incandecent output. Much brighter with better throw. They are visually the same in LED output.

John_Bud

RH

Enlightened
Just to toss this in the mix, I've got the 3 AA and love it. With nimh, it has become my prime walking light. It's nice having the option of using eithr LEDs or the xenon. I highly recomend the 3 AA model.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2D was the first Twin-Task that I bought. I found it to be disappointingly dim (both the incandescent and LEDs), so I returned it. I then got the 3C and found it to be much better.