Ever have a really bad day?

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
I was sitting in the front row of a bus this morning grouchy and stewing about what I knew was going to be a really hard day. I had to testify and I knew that the US Attorney was going to really try to break my testimony (expert witness), it wasn't going to be fun, it never is when it gets like this.

The bus was sitting at a traffic light picking up passengers and I was looking out the front, just watching the cars go by when I saw a mini van that had been sitting at a red light just pull out into traffic against the light.

The driver must have thought the light had changed or something but the result was miserable, the van took an oncoming 4X4 Crew Cab pickup in the drivers door at about sixty miles an hour. The PU driver never had a chance to hit the brakes. Car parts and glass splashed across all six lanes, the van folded in half, shed it's front wheels and rolled 4 times.

We didn't got out of the bus since there were plenty of others running to help, but I knew from the way it [the accident] had gone down that the driver of the van had just had the worst day possible, and so did his/her family. My personal problems suddenly didn't seem bad at all in comparison.

It can always get worst, can't it?.

Pardon me for writing about this, but it left me really depressed, I just know what the newspaper will report.

Al

maverick

Enlightened
I have sympathy for the victim and their family members. However, I have always maintained that poop can, and will, happen. Most of the time, there's really not much anyone can do about it and I just thank God that it's not me and leave it at that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif