ok im turning gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thats it im going to turn gay,my gay name will be edward i am so lousy at meeting women im so shy i cant talk to them when i get the nerve 3 years went buy and i have moved or they moved and even then im sure id be to shy, so im going to store to by some gay cloths and im going to start watching shows on home decorateing perhaps by a gay car

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
To quote Jerry Seinfield: "not that there's anything wrong with that..."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
-Jason

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im in my 20,s and im jokeing i have no atraction to men. just frustrated

matt_j

Enlightened
Dude,

sometimes you are better off single. I meet loads of women and I look at them and just can belive how screwed up some people are. Maybe my last girl left high standards but still. It's not hard to find a date. It's not hard to get laid. But it is hard to find somebody who is compatible with ya. Somebody who can understand what you do and who can take you at face value and accept your lifestyle (and vice versa). I work as an EMT, have another job as a programmer and spend quite a bit of time outdoors. A lot of women love it. The idea is great, you go out saving lives, having other decent job and on top of that you can handle your own in the woods/mountain. But when reality kicks in and they see that it's not always about saving lives (you taxi drunks too and people die on you) and that in order to climb the mountain you approach it for 3 hrs than all the attraction disapears... That's why I'm saying that waiting for the right person is very important. Figure out what you like doing the most and hang there. Sooner or later you will find somebody. But remeber that harder you look, harder it is to find somebody. You also become more forgiving and try to compromise just to have somebody which comes back to bite you because when you try to stand your own you realize that you have very lil in common with somebody.

Matt

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, I think your gay name should be "Eduardo". Some women seem only attracted to gay men, so that might work for you. I think there are a bunch of bedroom farce comedies based on the straight male pretending to be gay. It always works in the movies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

quoting Jerry Seinfeld:
"not that there's anything wrong with that..."
thanks Jason!

rfdancer

Newly Enlightened
Start taking ballroom dance lessons. It doesn't matter if you are a natural dancer or not. Women LOVE men who WILL dance (notice I didn't say CAN).
I said ballroom because you actually have to lead in ballroom - which means you get to touch them (that part is fun), and most classes use rotational systems that give you about 5 minutes per partner.
In most settings you don't need a partner because they rotate everybody, which lets you meet several woman in every class.
Oh, and don't go to Arthur Murrey or one of those big chains. You want a smaller private school that charges by the (usually six or eight week) series. Prices should be well under $100 per series.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
Yo raggie,
It is amazing how much you sound like I did...
I once swore off females, and NO, I wasnt going for guys (not that there is anything wrong with that) because of a few bad experiences and dry spells. Amazingly I got married less than a year later. On the 30th of this month we will be married 26 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif
I additionally found that girls who had indicated my unworthyness of their presence, suddenly found me irresistably attractive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

One last thing.
I might be wrong, but I dont think you can go looking for real love and expect to find it. It will find you. There is somebody for everybody. Even if you are gay.

One more last thing.
Im not gay. I dont want to be gay. Its cool with me if somebody is gay, as long as they dont expect me to be gay.
Some of the people who you would not suspect are gay. Even here on CPF.

lightnix

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Start taking ballroom dance lessons... Women LOVE men who WILL dance.

[/ QUOTE ] Certainly some truth there, although I'm not sure about the ballroom. If you want to dance with lots of women at once, then folk dancing and ceilidhs are more the way to go. Then there's tango, which has been described as "sex as a form of dance".

My longest lasting relationships have all begun as friendships formed in a wider social context, usually in the pub with co-workers.

Gay is not the easy way. I'm not gay myself, but I have spent some time working in theatres and have seen far more trauma, jealousy and bitching in gay relationships than in straight ones.

Have you tried the singles columns ?...

Wanted: SWF for honest, regular guy. Shy, but with good sense of humour. Should ideally be outdoor type with an interest in flashlights and ostriches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck Raggie, if anybody deserves a soulmate it's you.

StuU

Enlightened
To meet compatible women-
Stay clean down to your fingernails. Spend time in your favorite activities where you might find a person to share it ie classes, events, etc. Be polite and show your best sense of humour.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to worry. I was 35 before I got married. Met her when I was 34, so you have nothing to worry about. My advice, . . .don't be shy. I once was. Spent many lonely years being so. You got to learn to be proactive. You can get nowhere fast by shielding your heart from possible rejection. Believe me, I know.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AlphaTea said:
Yo raggie,
It is amazing how much you sound like I did...
I once swore off females, and NO, I wasnt going for guys (not that there is anything wrong with that) because of a few bad experiences and dry spells. Amazingly I got married less than a year later. On the 30th of this month we will be married 26 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much the same for me... around 28 figured I was just going to stay a single engineer (i.e., geek). Got married at 29 and have 2 daughters and closing on 18 years for marriage.

I will tell you one thing--it is better to be alone than to wish you were alone... I.e., don't marry the wrong person. You will probably find the right one. Just be true to yourself and don't worry (to much) about what others think or say. That "giving up" for me allowed me to be myself and not worry.

By the way, volunteer with animal research (live, wild, zoo) or wildlife rescue--they are loaded with females. And most seem to be single. In a round-about way--it helped me because the researchers needed somebody that was mechanical/electrical/computer literate and I ended up spending hours every day working with mostly females. You will become much more relaxed as you are distracted by the tasks at hand--a big step.

Good Luck!

-Bill

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't turn gay just yet. All you need is a good mail-order bride. If I had it to do all over again, I would definitely go mail-order. It works for flashlights, so why not romance? Odds are she will at least cook, too. Do you know any foreign languages?

stockwiz

Enlightened
Welcome to the club. I'm a bit on the shy side myself, and rather introverted. I still have plenty of time, and am confident I'll eventually meet the right person however.

I like to take the advice I found from someone here... when meeting a woman, you almost have to put on a show and be fake at first if you are shy, because women initially look for confidence. Pretend you don't care, act like you are selling a car to try and get past the shyness if that is your problem. But never settle for anything other then true love, and never compromise who you are or think you can change anybody.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could read the book Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus... It does an OK job of explaining the difference between the communications between men and women. Believe me--at times, women are not speaking the same language.

I am sure that there are other, better books, that people here can recommend.

-Bill

83Venture

Enlightened
For me it always seemed like the harder I tried to find someone the less it worked. Stopped making it my number one priority/goal and things seemed to just start coming together. Ended up with a PPEW (Practically Perfect in Every Way) girl who is much to good for me. Been together 19 years (Married 15)and have two great kids.

Don't give up. I was always shy too - still tend to be that way, but as time goes by you learn to deal with it. Seems like ladies are more inclined to give a quite guy a chance as they get older. They have had a chance to see that smooth and flashy does not always mean good for the long run.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, it helps to remember that oftentimes the other person is every bit as insecure about themselves. Help her to feel better about herself rather than worrying about you and you might find that it's easier than you thought.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, ignore everything in this thread up to now. All you need is a minimum of 3 big gold chains around your neck and some smooth lines like "Hey Baby, what's your sign?" Practice in front of a mirror a lot. Chicks think that kind of stuff is groovy. They really dig it!

matt_j

Enlightened
Hey Lurker,

I know that stuff flies down here in NYC but I didn't know that conservative south is trying to catch up... Not that there is anythign wrong with being concervative and I prefer it to the other methods.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.