Single 123a LED light??

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question. I have a coworker who likes my ARC LS, likes the Surefire E1, but the price of the Arc keeps him from buying one. So what I'm looking to recommend is a single 123a LED light, under 3.5 inches long, under 1 inch dia. I showed him a picture of the Inova T1, and the price is right, but it is 4.5 inches in length. What other lights are out there, where the price is under $50-60.00, is a LED light, uses 1 123a battery, and is under 3.5 inches long?? Any other ideas??
Thanks for the help!!

Blades

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try to track down a CNC-123 on the B/S/T forums. They're nice little 1x123 lights designed to use Dat2Zip's sandwich modules. They even have a protected clickie!

Jon

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to show him the Streamlight Twintask 1L. Does anyone know how long it is??

Looks like it is 4 inches long, but dia. may be too big. Hmmm....

Blades

Aten_Imago

Banned
The veterans on CPF really know best on this one, but my gut forces me to suggest 2 options.
1) The Vortex TC-1 is the exact match for the requirements however, the newly released Vortex KC-1 is much more compactand has an amazing quality LED for the same price as the TC-1. The KC-1 uses CR2's which do not last as long as CR123's but it's bright! Here's a link > http://www.imagometrics.com/FLReviews/FLR_V_KC1.htm
2) For about $25.00 more ( about the price of lunch for 2 where I live), you can take it up a notch to the Longbow Micra with twist tail-switch. This is a big jump in quality for only an incremental increase in price (What does lunch for 2 cost where you live?). > http://www.imagometrics.com/FLReviews/FLR_LB_Mc.htm
Don't get get me wrong - The Vortex are a good buy for the money, with the TC-1 being the on-target candidate> http://www.imagometrics.com/FLReviews/FLR.htm ...but when it gets down to expansion options down the road- the Longbow is tough to beat for the price.:eek:

[ QUOTE ]
Blades said:
Question. I have a coworker who likes my ARC LS, likes the Surefire E1, but the price of the Arc keeps him from buying one. So what I'm looking to recommend is a single 123a LED light, under 3.5 inches long, under 1 inch dia. I showed him a picture of the Inova T1, and the price is right, but it is 4.5 inches in length. What other lights are out there, where the price is under $50-60.00, is a LED light, uses 1 123a battery, and is under 3.5 inches long?? Any other ideas??
Thanks for the help!!

Blades

[/ QUOTE ]

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Golden Gadgets have two 1x CR123A Luxeons that have recently reduced in price to $29 each(!):
S1703
S1801

I posted this in another thread - but thought it was relevant to this one -

I've long been interested in a Luxeon driven by a single CR123A.

A single CR123A should still make a compact Luxeon light that performs -

BUT most of the ones I've seen seem to be significantly BIGGER than necessary. The 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" of those 2 Golden Gadget lights make them substantially bigger than housing a single CR123A (spec'd at 17mm (diameter) x 34.5mm (length) = approx 0.67" x 1.36")

Surely a single CR123A Luxeon flashlight could be made that's about -
7/8" diameter x less than 3.5" length -
easily fitting any electronics, and have enough material for heat-sinking?

BTW - does anyone know which of the two Golden Gadgets' 1x CCR123A Luxeons is smaller?
- they are both spec'd exactly the same size but look significantly different.
S1703
S1801

(and I'm hoping cpf member haveblue may have something on a single CR123A Luxeon)

K5Guy

Newly Enlightened
I know it's not a single 123 light but the Nightcutter NC003C Sport Light is a 2 cell that is only 3.8" long. I ordered one yesterday becuase at 22.95 I couldn't help myself. I am collecting small lights and this one qaulifies even though it's a two cell. I have a feeling the brightness won't compare to the Luxeons but it still looks like a nice light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Aten_Imago

Banned
I haven't had the honor of reviewing those for Golden Gadgets. How do the LED colors compare to the others? Same, better or worse?

[ QUOTE ]
UnknownVT said:
Golden Gadgets have two 1x CR123A Luxeons that have recently reduced in price to $29 each(!):
S1703
S1801

I posted this in another thread - but thought it was relevant to this one -

I've long been interested in a Luxeon driven by a single CR123A.

A single CR123A should still make a compact Luxeon light that performs -

BUT most of the ones I've seen seem to be significantly BIGGER than necessary. The 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" of those 2 Golden Gadget lights make them substantially bigger than housing a single CR123A (spec'd at 17mm (diameter) x 34.5mm (length) = approx 0.67" x 1.36")

Surely a single CR123A Luxeon flashlight could be made that's about -
7/8" diameter x less than 3.5" length -
easily fitting any electronics, and have enough material for heat-sinking?

BTW - does anyone know which of the two Golden Gadgets' 1x CCR123A Luxeons is smaller?
- they are both spec'd exactly the same size but look significantly different.
S1703
S1801

(and I'm hoping cpf member haveblue may have something on a single CR123A Luxeon)

[/ QUOTE ]

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the help everyone. I think the ones at Goldengadgets might be what he is looking for. I'll let ya know if he every decides to get something. With "Father's Day" coming up he might get lucky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Does anyone know anything about the S1801 at Goldengadgets??
I think $50.00 is probably his limit, but ya never know. He likes my Arc, and if he found a used one, he might buy it. I only have mine because I sold one, and did some trading. I don't know if I would spend the money on a brand new one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

alberto

Enlightened
For just a few more bucks, the Longbow Micra will far exceed your/his expectations. It's a good example of the new breed of high-quality, high-performance, high-value lights.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I try to tell them(my coworkers) it is worth the money to buy an excellent light(or knife), compared to just some okay light, but their priorities are alittle skewed sometimes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Does anyone know anything about the GT-179 LEd light at Goldengadgets?? It has 9 - .5mm LED's?? Just wondering.

Blades

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened
a little skewed sometimes is right, what kind of person wouldn't pay $50 plus for a little itty bitty flashlight?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Blades said:
Does anyone know anything about the GT-179 LEd light at Goldengadgets?? It has 9 - .5mm LED's??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this same light was sold by haveblue as a cpf group buy for $12.49 plus $2.50 for first-class shipping in the US
see:
SOLD-Bowling Pins China Connection II

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Bowling Pin lights run on a single CR123A battery, have 9 white LED emitters, a voltage boost circuit and measure 3 7/16-inch, just a hair less than 3 1/2-inch. They come in either titanium or black color. The tail rotates for on and there is a momentary switch on the tail end.

And they are heavy. Feel good in the hand heavy.

bowling_pin_set_JPG.jpg

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though not a Luxeon, but TekTite has a 1x123 Splashlight which uses a modded 222 screwin Led IIRC. Kevin @ Batterystation might be having some in stock soon, check with him first for price and timing! IIRC, it should be 3 inches in length, and way below your $50 to $60 limit!

akula88

Enlightened
If he likes the E1, why not a KL1 plus a Vital Gear 1x123body? KL1 is around $40-45 depending on the vendor. The new KL1s are known to have better high dome 1-Watt. VG123 body is scarcer now, but used to be sold around $20-25.
Try the BST if you can get some deal...

Latest posts