Tech TV features Flashlights Tonight

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanting everyone to know, if you get Tech TV(or should I now say crappy G4TV), tonight on The Screen Savers, they are going to have a segment on Flashlights. Some of the craziest ones. Not sure what that means though. Its on 6PM CST. Channel 354 on Direct TV.
Cameron

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the e-mail

The Screen Savers Today: For Technology's Biggest Fans
Weekdays 7 p.m. Eastern

Tonight on TSS: Flashlight Roundup, Viditar, Customize IE

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yeah, watching the merged G4TechTv feels like trying to sift diamonds out of a bucket of mud. There's some really good stuff in there... somewhere....

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to so look forward to going to houses that have TechTV, but not as much anymore. G4 got rid of alot of good shows. Leo Laporte left, although that wasnt the end of the world for me really. And the website, its truly built like crap now. Off to a house with G4TV I go...
Cameron

Avix

Newly Enlightened
just tuned into it, first I've heard of this G4TV stuff (shows you how much I watch it anymore) 2 women gabbling like geese so fast I had to bring up the CC to figure out what they were saying...

has it gone totaly to Gamers now? (I remember when it was gamers and Day Traders, thats when I Quit watching it the 3rd time)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
They took the Tech-TVG schedule and the G4 schedule and merged them into one, using roughly 50% from each. For now, anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've read that Leo has been shopping his "Call for Help" to other programmers, hoping for a taker. That show and the Screensavers were my two favorites. Lots of useful information delivered in a format that was a lot of fun to watch.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
i just watched this they showed an opalec dropin, SF L4, SF A2, SF M6, nitesun bike light, and a mag mod it appeared to be 5mm leds

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose the segment wasnt too bad. Gave LEDs the respect they deserve, slightly. Still wish more information was talked about to show the advantage of them. Also I wish they would have had some cheaper lights on the show. Now the general public is only going to think that LED flashlights are Expensive. Only talked about the Surefires that were $200-300 or more. Wish I were there to whip my Arc4+ or AAA or even a Darcy AAA(really cheap). They did talk about the 5mm mod to a Mag, not a 1 watter though. Not too bad though. Just my take.
Cameron

MikeF

Enlightened
Don't forget the 200-300 MILLION Candlepower SpectroLab High Intensity Searchlight. 1300 Watt Short Arc Xenon, 2-4 mile range. Link 22-26 volts DC at 60 Amperes!! Peak Luminance 22.5 Lux at 3 Kilometers!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tech TV sucks with more commercials than meat. A pretty narrow range of lights were presented. I guess that I should realize the real world doesn't appreciate all tools equally. It's probably very unusual that flashlights received any recognition at all.

Was that a fair & balanced review of the show? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
MikeF said:
Don't forget the 200-300 MILLION Candlepower SpectroLab High Intensity Searchlight. 1300 Watt Short Arc Xenon, 2-4 mile range. Link 22-26 volts DC at 60 Amperes!! Peak Luminance 22.5 Lux at 3 Kilometers!

[/ QUOTE ]

300 MILLION candlepower!!! Wow. That is awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Yea, forgot about that BadBoy. Too bad they couldnt power it up. They werent even aloud to have the batteries for it. I think it good enough that they did anything related to flashlights. Indeed it was a smaller range of lights, but they probably have never heard of Arc, Longbow, or any others that we know. They just went for the most popular, which television always does.