reagan

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man this is bringing tears to my eyes i wasnt around when he was prez but man he sure seems like a great man

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I always knew that he was a President for the times.

I am realizing what an awesomely great man he was!!!

Even though he's been "gone" for 10 years, it is a SAD SAD day here in America!!!

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was the ultimate cold warrior. What a breath of fresh air.

He actually made me feel that there was something right going on with our government.

7:]
(Ronald Reagan Smiley)

Skyline

Enlightened
Oh boy. Nancy could barely walk to the airplane. She appeared ready to collapse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bald1

Enlightened
As one who grew up doing "duck and cover drills" in elementary school; who lived through the chilling '62 Cuban missile crisis; who first joined up under a delayed entry program in late '65; etc. etc. etc. To witness a bolstering of the armed forces; to see the gauntlet laid down before the USSR in a non-MAD (mutually assured destruction) way; to see the Berlin wall come down; and to see the collapse of the Soviet Union... all under the guiding hand and leadership of President Reagan, I can unequivically say that his tenure had a profound affect upon my life. Certainly not as tumultuous as the singular event of 9-11 has had on my grown sons, but in total just as dramatic.

It was my pleasure to serve under his watch as well. I only wish my retirement congratulatory letter would have been signed by him rather than by the man who did.

--Bob

Retired "mustang" naval officer
Proud to still be serving as a civilian at a USAF bomber base

14C

Enlightened
bald1, my sentiments. There is a "Cold War" certificate available to those who served, military of civilian during a time frame.

I never applied because of who would have signed it.

The man precipitated something I never thought would happen. The taking down of the wall.

He did it with humor, grace, strength, respect for people and humility. Qualities that are all too rare in these times.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this seems to be the right place to ask, does anyone know if theres a copy of all the children's parts someone on the web? I missed parts of it.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Can somebody please tell me when it's appropriate to put my flag back to full staff? I thought it's after the burial, but I still see a lot of flags at half staff.
TIA
Fester

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Thank you gentlemen. If it were up to me, flags would never fly at full mast again. President Reagan was incredible. He did more good for this country and the world than anyone in my lifetime. I'm not exactly a spring chicken either. To quote Playboy Joe.
God Speed Mr. President! Thank You!!