Does "Steve Johnson" Sound Indian?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does \"Steve Johnson\" Sound Indian?

For the past 3 nights, I've received phone calls from India telling me that I've been selected for a free Sprint PCS phone.

Tonight, Steve Johnson called me with the thickest Indian accent that I've ever heard.

Why don't these companies who farm out their labor to 3rd world countries wake up?

AbnerCadaver

Banned
Re: Does \"Steve Johnson\" Sound Indian?

Maybe the co. that handles the call center "issued" him that name instead of "operator 63". In either case, the whole thing reeks of deception to me. My former employer jumped on the bandwagon and farmed out nearly 2000 "customer service" jobs overseas. Sure they save a few bucks, but their reputation for "world class" customer service went down the "toliet", as Craig would say. Whoosh....

Abbie

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Abbie

Yes, it's very deceptive. How about Marty O'Weiner if I'm catering to the Irish or Mr Bulkstein if I want to connect with Jewish Americans.

From today forward I won't buy from companies that use these tactics.

Marty

tygger

Enlightened

Unfortunately its probably impossible not to do business with companies that have phone banks overseas because thats a trend that just keeps on growing, along with production facilities etc. I believe even Forbes magazine for example has thier customer service center in Singapore or somewhere like that. And if almost all of thier clothing was not manufactured in China, Wal-Mart wouldn't be able to offer such rock bottom prices. I don't think they have any US clothing manufacturers anymore.