Longbow micra or mini? *DELETED*

bald1

Enlightened
Re: Longbow micra or mini?

The Eco tube will host either 3x123 or 2xAA and is designated for the Micra solely because the Micra's capsule is regulated. The Mini is not and can not take advantage of these different voltage inputs. Longbow is said to plan on making a regulated Mini at a later date. And Don McLeish is making LB McCapsules.

I own both a Micra and Mini. First I don't really see any difference in output between the two. Of course there is a difference in runtime and the output level over time. I carry the Micra as my EDC and have Flavio's (BugOutGear) Ti pocket clip. My Mini runs on a Pila 168s which makes it economical to operate. Each serves different purposes for me so making a choice is hard. That said I did get the Micra first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Bob

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened

Thanks bald1, do you know what runtimes the 2/aa setup would give, and the 3x123?

Does the micra run any brighter when using 3/123's?

I guess the micra is the way to go if I can get the pack with it.....

albert

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
bald1 said:
The Eco tube will host either 3x123 or 2xAA and is designated for the Micra solely because the Micra's capsule is regulated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif,

Don't put 3x123 in the Eco tube with the Micra's capsule. The Micra's capsule cannot take the high voltage of 3x123, sure to blow. Always remember that the Micra's capsule can only take up to 3V.

bald1

Enlightened

Ouch. Thanks Albert... I wasn't fully focused late last night when I posted that. Was watching the 24 Hours of LeMans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Eco tube can support 3x123 but with the right capsule, planned for the future by Longbow.

And I'm sure Don McLeish wants to shoot me for some dumb stuff like this via e-mails...argh! Old age is a b*****! LOL

--Bob

Forestwalk

Newly Enlightened

Of course, you might be able to use the Micra LED capsule in Mini with Pila 168s (but no 123!!). This should make a quite long running and regulated combination. Still waiting for all the parts to try this one.

alberto

Enlightened

The Micra and Mini have the same output, but the 2-cell Mini has a longer run time at the expense of larger size, more weight, and no regulation. I prefer the Micra.

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened

Sorry you had to move my post!

How long will the micra run on the 2Xaa pack? Normal 1-123 time i've seen is just under 2 hours.