Switch ideas?

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to make a couple little lights that use a peice of 1/2" copper pipe, with 1 NiMh battery inside. One end will have a 5mm LED, the other will have a jack for charging. Anybody have any thoughts on what I could do for a switch? The end of the light would be a perfect place, but then where could I put the charging jack? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pbarrette

Enlightened
Hi BC,

How about using the charging jack as a removable switch terminal?

So you would have a small extension pipe which would have a flush-mount switch at one end and a male DC-power style plug on the other. You could also have a couple of flush magnets or studs/receptacles on the switch/light assembly to make sure it doesn't rotate/come loose while you are using the light.

pb

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would put the switch just behind the LED... where your thumb would be when holding it..

I would put the charging jack opposite the switch.. then the bottom / back would be flat with no obstructions so you can set it on it's tail.. there are plenty of switch options you could have in that configuation

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right after I posted this I thought about plugging the LED into the charging jack. Just solder the LED directly to a coaxial plug, and plug it into the charging jack. I don't know...I'll have to think about it a little while longer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have enough parts lying around to make a few of them...I'm thinking of auctioning one off for CPF. How much do you think it might go for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
-1/2" copper body, slighly longer than an AA battery
-NiMh AA battery
-Custom charger

Latest posts