Side by side pics of Arc LS and Longbow Micra?

DanMan4142

Newly Enlightened
I am looking now at buying either an Arc LS second or a longbow micra. I have seen pictures of the arc 4 with a micra but I think the LS is a little smaller so if anybody has a picture of these two that they could post then that would be great. Also if you have any opinions of which light would be better for EDC as well as camping and outdoors stuff.
thanks

paulr

Flashaholic
My feeling is that the LS was a nice light in its time but the Arc4 and the Micra are better. The LS+clickie is about the same size as the Arc4, maybe just a little bit smaller. The LS+twisty is definitely smaller than the Arc4. The Micra with twisty is comparable to the Arc4 in size. The Micra with clickie is largest of them all, and is reaching towards McLux size. IMO it's a real nice light, but is kind of big for EDC. Then again, it's a matter of preference. I find even the LS on the large side for all-the-time carry. I usually just carry an Arc AAA or Photon II.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have any side by side pics but I'd choose the Arc LS or LSH-P as there is more flood in the beam. The Micra's spot is quite tight. Aslo the Arc is shorter.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here they are along with a Peak CR123A light:

P6100004.jpg

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
Personally, I think the Micra's form(with twisty) is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

machulu

Newly Enlightened
I prefer the ARC LSH with twisty over the Micra because it's much smaller and with a longer runtime but you won't be dissapointed with either choice.

~Stephen

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC Arc LS has surrendered pocket space to a Micra twistie with a S017XA(?) reflector and UCL, which is GREAT, but put that same reflector and lens combo in an Arc LS with twistie, and you've got the ultimate EDC light, IMO.
I'm thinking of getting one of my LSs modded in that fashion. That's the advantage of the Micra for me. It's very easy to work with. I'll have to pay someone to do my Arc.