What happened to Traser?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has the web site changed? I can find glowring.com but not traser.com
Google doesn't list it.
I have a friend going to London and he wants to pick up 50 glowrings and a 12 X2's.
If anyone knows, you CPF members will.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I ordered some Glowrings off http://www.glowrings.com/ after not being able to find Traser.

According to the guy I spoke to at glowrings.com there was an issue with using the name Traser or something. I don't recall the exact details.

Anyways, I got the impression traser.com will be back in the future...

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
How many are you after?
Quite a few places retail them for about £10 a pair I think.
I tend to call and order them "bulk" to get as much discount as possible. I've ordered 100, and then recently about a dozen that I needed really fast.

Al

ChopperCFI

Newly Enlightened
I was only looking for small quantities, like two of each color. I will be there in November speaking at a conference in IEE, Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL. I have no idea where that is, but any recommended dealer I can get to by Underground would be fine.

Any tips on bringing them back with me?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest you unwrap them and put them on a keyring.

I believe there is a gadget shop on Oxford Street that sells them. Perhaps you can start new thread asking for shops in London that sell Glowrings?

Al

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
i was in Belgium last year and was almost going to take a side trip to london and pick up a few...contacted H3...they suggested to place my order and they would immediately ship/post it overnite to the hotel i was staying at ( they

are 3 or 4 hours by car south of london )..other option was to walk around and find them at the gadget shops ...but i was interested in complete set(s) [ old/new ]...H3 had stock and it would have only cost like $20 US to ship to the hotel so it seemed at the time reasonable....H3 sales was reachable thru their web site [ wife wanted to go to germany so East we went instead ]

A cpf'er in Belgium was nice enough to give me one [thanks again Kristof]
and i ended up buying a couple of sets in B/S/T...hope this helps.....rob

Myx

Newly Enlightened
Ive just ordered two Traser X2's.... one blue, one green...

£6.99 (gbp) each.... about erm... $11 (usd) each.

Not often you find something cool that is legal in the UK but not US, eh?

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
illumiGeek said:
Can't order them in the US. Both places say they can't ship to the US or Canada due to international regulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try here for X2 glowrings or here for GlowDiscs.

Hg203

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Drinking before you're 21 I thought was illegal in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is Illegal, but alot of people, read college students, break that law.

PeterW

Enlightened
ChopperCFI, your local retailer to the IEE would be just along the embankment under the railway bridge outside embankment tube station. There is a large diving shop and I picked up one or two green glowrings there once. Don't know if they have many or other colours though.

Hope you enjoy your stay in London, take a ride on our big wheel when it is a clear day, great view!

PEterW

Myx

Newly Enlightened
got my X2's today..... pretty hopeless little things really.... like redundant glowsticks.... glow-in-the-dark... but not very bright at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Myx said:
got my X2's today..... pretty hopeless little things really.... like redundant glowsticks.... glow-in-the-dark... but not very bright at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Attach one to your housekeys, throw it into a dark big open field at night & see if they're hopeless & redundant. That's basically what they're meant to be used for, locating whatever they're attached to in the dark. If you want something that shines brightly, buy a flash/torchlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif