hugeeeee light

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have this hanging outback imagine the bulb that goes in it
light.jpg

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like peices of a street light although I don't see a reflector or top to it. It appears to be a General Electric M-250 or a M-400
Let me think, it probably had a 400 watt Mercury vapor? Or how about a 400 watt High Pressure Sodium?
Did you pick it up from the street after someone knocked a light pole over? I tried to get a street light one time like that but my mom didn't let me.

TheBeam

Enlightened
It kind of looks like a toilet seat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

LukeK

Enlightened
I'd like to see the beast of a human being that uses that thing for a toilet seat....or wait, no I wouldn't.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
When I was 10 or 11, I had access to the head from a streetlight who's pole got nocked over not far from the bridge in Juneau AK., but my dad and stepmpther would have strongly objected, so I ended up having to leave it be.
Hopefully, another flashaholic retrieved it before it was hauled to the city dump. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The streetlight fixture in the above photograph looks like it uses a mogul screw base bulb; probably a 400 watt metal vapour bulb like yuandrew said. I don't see a ballast (a very large and heavy iron core transformer), so finding the correct bulb may be of little use in this case.

Oh, and please don't put it on your commode to use as a gigantic toliet seat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Latest posts