Where is Surefire's answer to the Arc 4?

nonbox

Banned
Where is Surefire\'s answer to the Arc 4?

Why hasn't SF created a single cr123, led flashlight to rival the size and output of the Arc 4? The E1E with led head is taller and does not out shine the Arc 4.

Check out my website:

http://www.geocities.com/nonbox/

DaveH

Enlightened
Re: Where is Surefire\'s answer to the Arc 4?

OK, you asked.

What's the point? IMO surefire has a better product for less money overall than ARC at least in 2 * 123 lights. Longbow beats them ARC in 1 * 123 lights,
at least from some peoples opinon.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I don't think Surefire is out to compete with anyone. Neither is Arc for that matter. Each have their own models which you can choose based on what your needs are. As far as a single 123 cell LED torch, Surefire has the L1 and the KL1/E1e combo, but I don't see how they were designed to directly compete against Arc.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very different companies in size, and purpose. I don't think it's practical to compare them, or expect them to compete with each other.

Kind of like if I asked:
Where is Arc's answer to the A2, C2, G2, L2, L4, L5, L6, M2, U2, Z2, 6P, M3, M4, M6, etc, etc?
Where are Arc's rechargeables?
Where are Arc's weapon lights?
Where are Arc's law enforcement and military contracts?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think SureFire sees ARC as any kind of competition. First off, ARC is after the flashlight enthusiast EDC market. SureFire is after the tactical market IE military, police, and home defense. In a tactical situation, you need to push the button once to get maximum light output to identify and potentially blind a threat in a split second. It would sure suck to try and get the drop on a bad guy but forget which sequence of button pushes to use to get max bright on an ARC4. Personally if I need 16 different levels of brightness, I'll carry 16 different lights (realistically I usually only use three to four different levels of brightness, and an ARC LSH, AAA, and Surefire 2x123 light fit the bill just fine).

-Keith

oldeng95

Enlightened

easlie put the U2
as far as new technology is consirded