Atlanta, Georgia

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im south of there in lagrange dad and step mom are in mareieta

Empath

Flashaholic
Hey, Raggie, I've been to Marietta. It's a cute little town. My brother was stationed there while he was in the Air Force, and I went to visit him and his family. I traveled there from Oklahoma. It was my introduction to the southern states.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i miss it there empath.was he at dobins?i liked watching them do touch and goes there.with the what i belive was f-14s i go there every 4 months or so to viset my dad he is on the very west side.near kennesaw mountain

Darell

Flashaholic
We visited last month. Kyra loved the fountain in Olympic park.

04051302atlanta.jpg

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
4sevens said:
Anyone in Atlanta Georgia here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly in Atlanta, but not too far off. Columbus/Ft Benning. Yeah, I know...The armpit of Georgia, where our motto is "we live here so you won't have to." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Cosmic Superchunk said:
[ QUOTE ]
4sevens said:
Anyone in Atlanta Georgia here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly in Atlanta, but not too far off. Columbus/Ft Benning. Yeah, I know...The armpit of Georgia, where our motto is "we live here so you won't have to." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
ever go to ranger joes/?

C

Cosmic Superchunk

All the time. I picked up a few Streamlights there recently. I could have bought them online, but I like the fact that you can check out the display models at Ranger Joe's.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ranger joes has lots of cool stuff. that other place is pretty cool to.i usaly go to columbus when i wanna go to circuit city.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

The other place? You mean US Cavalry on Victory Drive? They closed down a few years ago. They were way overpriced and their customer service sucked. They used to get alot of complaints from the local troops in Ft Benning, but there's a new shop called Commando Military Supply where they carry a few Surefire and Princeton Tec lights. No LEDs though.

They opened a Best Buy not too long ago right next to Peachtree Mall to compete with Circuit City. It seems to do more business now than Circuit City.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sweet i went to columbus one day and looked all over for best buy i was fianly told they had none..i like best buy

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to go to go to Atlanta quite often when I was at Benning and Stewart. Of course I spent a fair amount of time and money at Ranger Joe's in Columbus. Mostly remember buying knives there, A Fairbairn-Sykes that didn't make it through Ranger School (probably still driven to the hilt in a tree outside the barracks because I got bored one night and managed to break the tip off) and a Puma WhiteHunter and a Puma Game Warden folder that DID make it through several years of military service with me, and the Whitehunter actually, literally, saved my life once.

My favorite place in Atlanta was "Underground Atlanta"----
Is that still there?
There was a really good non-traditional mexican food place there, and all kinds of entertainment for a bored young fellow. I also wandered the streets downtown eating a dozen Krystal hamburgers at a time then heading over to Dunkin Donuts, then over to the USO or the Playboy club where I was too shy to talk to any of the ladies.

Savannah was also really neat to walk around in. But my favorite place in Georgia was Dalhonega.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
last time i was in underground was a about 4 years ago im very sure its still there..i liked some of the rock clubs in atl .but i kinda avoid crowds now

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Underground is still there.
It's more of a tourist attraction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif