Six possible U2 levels........

luxlover

Banned
I did a little study below, toying with different numbers. Consider this............. If the brain needs an increase of 50% from one level to the next one, in order to register a change in brightness, then what possible levels could we see in the U2? Based on a 20 lumen evenly spaced pattern, there could be the following..... 2/20/40/60/80/100.
The percentage difference from one level to the next, is as follows:
2 to 20 = 900%
20 to 40 = 100%
40 to 60 = 50%
60 to 80 = 33%
80 to 100 = 25%
The last two may not serve any useful purpose, since each difference is less than 50%!

How about making the second level 16 lumens, a very popular figure in 1 watt Luxeons? With the first, second, and sixth levels out of the way, we are left with only three variables.
The percentage difference from one level to the next, is as follows:
2 to 16 = 700%
16 to 25.28 = 58%
25.28 to 39.94 = 58%
39.94 to 63.11 = 58%
63.11 to 99.71 = 58%.
Simplified........... 2/16/25/40/63/100

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
hey Jeff ... know the word *obsessed* ??
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
that's just like a game of LOTO ...
how about ... lockout/2/10/25/50/100 ?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
THIS would be nice, IMHO a lockout is most desirable ... one can always dream ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
bernhard

Size15's

Flashaholic
guess the marbles in the jar!

Somebody ask PK if he'll do a sweep stake of Lumen outputs for CPF - winner gets a U2!!
Money is donated to CPF of course.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

luxlover

Banned
No, I ain't got no idea, what is you do mean by the long word "obsessed?" I is "not literate", but I are not "illiterate." Can you ask me a more simple betterer word.........

Be good, Bernhard

luxlover

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
guess the marbles in the jar!

Somebody ask PK if he'll do a sweep stake of Lumen outputs for CPF - winner gets a U2!!
Money is donated to CPF of course.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah hah! So that's the way it is, mate? When SF publishes the six U2 levels, and you see that my prophecies were correct, you will be "eating out of the palm of my hand!!!

For a second, I thought that the proceeds would be going to you...... By the way, what do you need two U2 lights for, anyway???????

Mark2

Enlightened
I don't know, I guess it would be best to have the steps appear to be equal to our eyes/brain. What lumens ratings these levels have would only be known afterwards when you measure the light in that (in)famous integrating sphere. I mean, when you are on a certain level and decide that you want more light, you expect the light output to increase by a reasonable amount (not too much or too little), not by a certain lumens number. So I think the levels should/will be adjusted to optimal light output levels, not to nice lumens numbers. Of course, there will still be a list of nice numbers in the catalogue... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

luxlover

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said:
I don't know, I guess it would be best to have the steps appear to be equal to our eyes/brain. What lumens ratings these levels have would only be known afterwards when you measure the light in that (in)famous integrating sphere. I mean, when you are on a certain level and decide that you want more light, you expect the light output to increase by a reasonable amount (not too much or too little), not by a certain lumens number. So I think the levels should/will be adjusted to optimal light output levels, not to nice lumens numbers. Of course, there will still be a list of nice numbers in the catalogue... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Very well said. Now when are those bums going to let us have our lights????