Anybody ever been to the Cayman Islands?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friends, husband and wife, just accepted jobs there. I most likely will go to visit in the winter time. What's it like? Can you swim in the ocean even in the middle of the winter?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Went there around Christmas time about twenty years ago. Snorkeling was great. The water was something like 84 degrees. If you're planning to rent a car remember they drive on the left. That was an interesting experience.

I'd take the trip if you get a chance.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geepondy.

I have visited the Cayman Islands 10 times since 1988. What would you like to know?

You can most definately swim/snorkle/dive during the winter months. In fact, pm me your address, I'm sure I have the vidop that was shot for the Tourism Bureau and the CI Water Sports Assoc (I know the undwerwater videographer very very well)

Eric_M

Enlightened
That was our favorite island out of all the ones we've stopped at during our cruises.

Very nice.

Greymage

Enlightened
I took a vacation there a few years ago, intending to windsurf, but I got skunked most of the week I was there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I didn't really mind though, it was beautiful, the food was great... I actually thought about getting a job there. It's a great destination since it's so close to the US - you can leave in the morning and be on the beach by afternoon.

naromtap

Enlightened
My pal emigrated to Gran Cayman, he absolutley loved it, but was back here after 9 months as he could'nt find work - one job he went for was on Little Cayman working at the only airport - duties involved checking in passengers, unloading luggage & cutting the grass on the runway - sounds perfect to me!!!