Thread: have i lost my mind?

Default have i lost my mind?

or does the forum looks diferent or both lol

Default Re: have i lost my mind?

Both... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cool lol

Ok... here's my OCD kicking in. I haven't been able to use the default stylesheet because I hate the colors. They bother my eyes bigtime! So I've been working with the colors for the default stylesheet to make them more soothing to my eyes so that I don't have to use one of the other stylesheets. Yes, I know... it's all about me... you all thought differently? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

looks good to me.old colors where boreing i think

I just turned around and did some work, :shock: :horror: and when I turned back, everything was a different colour!! Thought the same thing raggie, in fact I just about posted, but I was amused by "have I lost my mind" and got distracted enough to read this. LOL.

PS. I do like the colours.

This is really very interesting... I only changed two settings. Honestly guys... that's it! Just two settings... and it really did change the whole look! I like it better now too... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not that observant...

Looks fine to me!

hmmm, ive been using some blue theme,,, ill have to go check out the default now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[EDIT] eeek,, nope Frosted is still my fav. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Default Re: CPF facelift or have i lost my mind?

Jt... yep... *eek* is good... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ... It still hurts my eyes a bit but not as bad. It is what David wanted when he first set up CPF. I had tried to change it once or twice before and he yelled at me so I left it. I would still like to give the default a "face lift"... but I'm not so sure the general membership wants it... any thoughts? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

I'm using the "CPF Blues" stylesheet, and I noticed something was different as soon as I went to CPF this morning. I thought somebody screwed with the stylesheet setting in the "My Home" menu, but that wasn't the case at all. Same as it was before. So I figured that CPF itself had been changed somehow, and sure enough, I found this thread, and it had indeed been changed.
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but the colors *are* different.
    No complaint mind you, but something's definitely different. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I noticed a chance-but it was mild and I couldn't quite figure out what was different. Truley refreshing!

Flashaholic*

Sasha. Where's your avitar? Still like the shoes though.

Forgive me for being the lone dissenting voice (so far) but I`m not keen. Just doesn`t feel right somehow. Could we have the original CPF colour scheme still there as an option for us old-boys who don`t feel comfortable wearing different colours, but set a different one to be the default instead...?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

well ... change anything you want but leave "classic desert" alone! this one truly rocks! easy on the eyes and just classy, not silly and flashy.
    bernhard

WOW!! How come I never checked out classic desert before? I thought I had... but this is REALLY nice!!! ... This is what I've been looking for!!! Thanks Bernie! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Chris... I'll see if I can find a happy medium somewhere... or at least have the "old" one as an option.

Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall be forged anew, THATS RIGHT IT'S RETROFIT TIME

make a new one called "facelift" if you hunger for a change but have a heart for us guys that long for the old days.

thanks for all you do for us btw. it's really appriciated.

My experience has been that light blue can be a tricky color. On ten monitors it can look fine but on monitor 11 and 12 it can look violet. On my home machine and my work machines the headers(?) above the 'I already seen dat." posts look violet as do the command buttons. I'll betcha it looks like a nice light blue to Sasha and many other members.

The thick horizontal boarders look like "hyperlink" blue now. The violet and blue ouch my eyes. Please don't consider this to be a trouble ticket. I only have one left for 2004 before I have to pay by the hour for technical support. I don't think I can afford Sasha.

Now you are really messing with my mind! I "thought/noticed" the same thing raggie...I'm doing the ole' double-take at the screen..saying..."WHAT??".

I thought, "someone is messing with my mind", but no I went into my profile and checked..sure enough..it still said "CPF Blues" (I heard it!).

Then I'm reading through this thread and the dog-gone message title thread/bar turns from this "lavender-blue" to gray...

Is it over yet? What mysteries are ahead??? Oh..and stay away from that curtain, nothing to see there! (except that crazy lady that's running around in these halls, with bright red shoes on, messing with minds...and probably laughing with some little evil/sinister giggles emanating from somewhere...)

my pleasure Sasha! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Finally I am not the only one that uses this fantastic skin any more ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    bernie

Aha! Someone else sees lavender-blue.

FWIW... I specifically searched out the "web-safe" color palette for my tweeking... wonder why it's still violet to some? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Also... the classic desert is VERY pink/blue/violet to me... I like it!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And... I didn't make the classic desert template... it came with the software... what you see now is what someone else did... NOT MY FAULT!!!!

violet? here it is a vioet-tinted kind of blue on light tan and pergament-color.

basically I always go for dark (black is best) text on light background (pergament-yellow is best here). This is the most natural solution and very easy on the eyes, just like those devices the ancients called "books". The other colors should just fit in nicely, they are less important ...

bernhard

Hey.. now I know what the heck is going on, I'm fine with it!

Here at home... I ain't real good with colors... I am not entirely sure which skin I'm using....

I see purpleish/lavenderish seperaters. Slightly out of focus blue links.

I once thought I was on desert classic... I guess I'll check it out after clicking continue.

I ain't about to b*tch about ANYTHING Sasha does!!!!

Huh! It WAS Classic Desert (or Desert Classic).

Giving Green Day a try right now...

Ok guys... I need your help. Go to the default stylesheet... that would be CPFBlues. Tell me what you see. What colors? I changed three things (sorry, I lied last night... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ) I changed the tableborders, tableheader, and menubar. That's it. So tell me which one(s) are not some shade of blue.

for me its the line that has the pages numbers o i cant expalin what i mean i mean like the borders i think?

raggie... yep... that would be the table border and header. Those are NOT blue for you?

BTW... the menubar is the thingy at the top of every page that has the links for Main Index, My Home, Latest Threads, etc.

I agree with raggie. The page numbers are hard to see for me. The page number that I am viewing, page 3, right now is black and I can see that fine but the numbers 1 and 2 kind of blend in with the blue they are on. Am I making any sense at all?
    I mean to say that the border is blue but the numbers are hard to see. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I am so confused.
    The menu bar is lavender on my screen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast