have i lost my mind?

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok... here's my OCD kicking in. I haven't been able to use the default stylesheet because I hate the colors. They bother my eyes bigtime! So I've been working with the colors for the default stylesheet to make them more soothing to my eyes so that I don't have to use one of the other stylesheets. Yes, I know... it's all about me... you all thought differently? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just turned around and did some work, :shock: :horror: and when I turned back, everything was a different colour!! Thought the same thing raggie, in fact I just about posted, but I was amused by "have I lost my mind" and got distracted enough to read this. LOL.

PS. I do like the colours.

Greta

Flashaholic
This is really very interesting... I only changed two settings. Honestly guys... that's it! Just two settings... and it really did change the whole look! I like it better now too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
hmmm, ive been using some blue theme,,, ill have to go check out the default now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[EDIT] eeek,, nope Frosted is still my fav. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Re: CPF facelift or have i lost my mind?

Jt... yep... *eek* is good... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ... It still hurts my eyes a bit but not as bad. It is what David wanted when he first set up CPF. I had tried to change it once or twice before and he yelled at me so I left it. I would still like to give the default a "face lift"... but I'm not so sure the general membership wants it... any thoughts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I'm using the "CPF Blues" stylesheet, and I noticed something was different as soon as I went to CPF this morning. I thought somebody screwed with the stylesheet setting in the "My Home" menu, but that wasn't the case at all. Same as it was before. So I figured that CPF itself had been changed somehow, and sure enough, I found this thread, and it had indeed been changed.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but the colors *are* different.
No complaint mind you, but something's definitely different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast

I noticed a chance-but it was mild and I couldn't quite figure out what was different. Truley refreshing!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Forgive me for being the lone dissenting voice (so far) but I`m not keen. Just doesn`t feel right somehow. Could we have the original CPF colour scheme still there as an option for us old-boys who don`t feel comfortable wearing different colours, but set a different one to be the default instead...?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

well ... change anything you want but leave "classic desert" alone! this one truly rocks! easy on the eyes and just classy, not silly and flashy.
bernhard

Greta

Flashaholic

WOW!! How come I never checked out classic desert before? I thought I had... but this is REALLY nice!!! ... This is what I've been looking for!!! Thanks Bernie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Chris... I'll see if I can find a happy medium somewhere... or at least have the "old" one as an option.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

My experience has been that light blue can be a tricky color. On ten monitors it can look fine but on monitor 11 and 12 it can look violet. On my home machine and my work machines the headers(?) above the 'I already seen dat." posts look violet as do the command buttons. I'll betcha it looks like a nice light blue to Sasha and many other members.

The thick horizontal boarders look like "hyperlink" blue now. The violet and blue ouch my eyes. Please don't consider this to be a trouble ticket. I only have one left for 2004 before I have to pay by the hour for technical support. I don't think I can afford Sasha.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Now you are really messing with my mind! I "thought/noticed" the same thing raggie...I'm doing the ole' double-take at the screen..saying..."WHAT??".

I thought, "someone is messing with my mind", but no I went into my profile and checked..sure enough..it still said "CPF Blues" (I heard it!).

Then I'm reading through this thread and the dog-gone message title thread/bar turns from this "lavender-blue" to gray...

Is it over yet? What mysteries are ahead??? Oh..and stay away from that curtain, nothing to see there! (except that crazy lady that's running around in these halls, with bright red shoes on, messing with minds...and probably laughing with some little evil/sinister giggles emanating from somewhere...)

Kiessling

Flashaholic

my pleasure Sasha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Finally I am not the only one that uses this fantastic skin any more ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernie