best 1AA led with pushbutton switch?

BillRoberts

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a 1AA led flashlight for my 1 and 2 year olds.

I have and like the dorcy, but it has a twist type switch, whch the kiddies just don't get (plus I don't want them taking out the battery and eating it).

I'd need a AA so I can recharge it every time they leave it on. and lastly I'd like it to be very cheap. Output and run time aren't very important.

Thanks in advance for your input.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 1st flashlight was an Eveready Commander 2d in a silver metal with red plastic switch and bezel.
I got that when I was 6 years old in 1975. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I still have that light with an Everled in it and soon it will have 3 half D batteries in it from Ginseng to really light up that Everled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I would kinda go the 2 d rout with the slide switch and just get a dozen cheap and lightwieght carbon zinc eveready batteries until you know what the kids will do with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I have lost a few rechargeable batteries from overdischarge when left on and forgotten about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The D size battery is too big for most kids to eat and should be ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Just keep an eye on them and have fun with them as they wave that little spot of light around the room. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
Here's a review of the plastic version of my light still in production today right here.

briteguy

Newly Enlightened
My 3-yr old loves the Inova X-1. Its bright enough to see the spot during the day. Small enough to hold and easy to twist on.

alberto

Enlightened
I was just in Target and they had a variety of small AA or AAA flashlights for kids, with cartoon characters, etc. I'm not sure any of them were LED, however.

Also try some of the $1 LED keyring lights from CountyComm or Photon lights. My grandkids love my keyring Photons.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova X1 is nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades