Malkoff        

Thread: best 1AA led with pushbutton switch?

Default best 1AA led with pushbutton switch?

I'm looking for a 1AA led flashlight for my 1 and 2 year olds.

I have and like the dorcy, but it has a twist type switch, whch the kiddies just don't get (plus I don't want them taking out the battery and eating it).

I'd need a AA so I can recharge it every time they leave it on. and lastly I'd like it to be very cheap. Output and run time aren't very important.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Default Re: best 1AA led with pushbutton switch?

My 1st flashlight was an Eveready Commander 2d in a silver metal with red plastic switch and bezel.
    I got that when I was 6 years old in 1975. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    I still have that light with an Everled in it and soon it will have 3 half D batteries in it from Ginseng to really light up that Everled. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
    I would kinda go the 2 d rout with the slide switch and just get a dozen cheap and lightwieght carbon zinc eveready batteries until you know what the kids will do with it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]
    I have lost a few rechargeable batteries from overdischarge when left on and forgotten about. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The D size battery is too big for most kids to eat and should be ok. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]
    Just keep an eye on them and have fun with them as they wave that little spot of light around the room. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]
    Here's a review of the plastic version of my light still in production today right here.

How about the Xnova AA? They are only about $10 and appear to be pretty nice lights.

My 3-yr old loves the Inova X-1. Its bright enough to see the spot during the day. Small enough to hold and easy to twist on.

Flashaholic

I was just in Target and they had a variety of small AA or AAA flashlights for kids, with cartoon characters, etc. I'm not sure any of them were LED, however.

Also try some of the $1 LED keyring lights from CountyComm or Photon lights. My grandkids love my keyring Photons.

Flashaholic*

Inova X1 is nice. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Blades