what do you do for a liveing?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i of course as most ya can tell am a proff reader.becuase my great spelling and typeing . well not realy i do odd jobs and mow lawns i kinda like it .but i want to find something that is better.i sometimes build a pc for someone
.id like to work at a zoo takeing care of the animmnals

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work for the government ...

I wouldn't mind being house-staff in some old mansion, if I had a good master. That could be kinda cool.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm unemployed and on social security disability and SSI.
My primary "job" of course is maintaining The LED Museum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Before (mid-1980s through early 1990s) I did bookkeeping and the route for a vending machine company, ran the family video arcade, worked as a repair/refurbishing technician for a video game/pinball outfit (Music-Vend here in Seattle), and tended bar.

That was, of course, before I turned into a hardcore flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
My title should probably be Chief Mechanic.

I officially am a trained and experienced Pressure Washer Repairman, having classes back in the early 80s at both Citation and Whitco in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.

I also do 90% of the repairs on our vehicles.

I also weld, among other things building trailers and security cages for Coke machines.

I also do a lot of the plumbing and electrical work at two houses.

Also deliver 55 gallon drums of degreaser soap around town.

Also Install, Remove and transport the Coke cages (bringing 3 from a location some 25 miles back to a Coca Cola facility just today).

Jack of a LOT of trades, master of just one. Darn good at a few more.

jtice

Flashaholic
Computer/Network Admin

I work for an Industrial Design and Manufacturing Company.
We mainly deal with all type of mining equipment.

So, I get to do alittle AutoCAD on the side.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Engineer for big aerospace company for 30+ years. More like a spec reading engineering lawyeer by now - no modding skills at all.

New to CPF and flashlights, not new to engineering problems (and successes).

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a photographer specializing in corporate and commercial photography. Photography started as a hobby initially about 15 years ago and the passion grew into a job. My flashlights are used occasionally to do my job by lighting some corners here and there. At times i use my flashlights to light paint a house with my camera set to a few minutes exposure. Because light painting is done by hand and almost impossible to imitate in the next frame I always had differing results.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Hands-on product development and process R&D engineer. Did mechanical process automation for years. (That's when I'm not sneaking into the shop at lunch hour to make flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

Darell

Flashaholic
I've never worked harder, nor made less money.

I am a full-time parent.

Oh wait.. A CPF administrator as well. That pays the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I'm paid to NOT go to work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif....that is to say, I'm a retired Radiation Protection Tech from a nuclear power plant.

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm a part-time cashier in the local KMart pharmacy. I also do pharmacy tech work but I'm not yet "official" in that capacity. And when needed, I do time in the garden center. Oh... and I run CPF, CPFAuctions and CPFUnderground. And somewhere inbetween all that, I'm a wife and mother. And I pay Darell... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Reaper

Enlightened
Let's see---

ex-Western Electric installer, ex-trucker, ex-industrial sewing mechanic, ex-restaurant owner, ex-firearms instructor and now just an ex-worker. Geez, seems everything is just an "ex". Anyway, I'm just twiddling my thumbs now waiting to collect my SS benefits so I can buy more and better lights.

Samoan

Enlightened
I'm a banker. General account stuff and written correspondence. Also, when a big-money member calls in and is, to quote my VP, "Superfly Pissed", I get to talk to them.

On the side I work Security gigs for concerts in the Austin area.

I do the banking thing to pay the bills. I work Security for the following reasons:

#1 I enjoy it.
#2 I get to go to sold-out shows for free...and watch them from inside the barricade.
#3 Have you seen the outfits on some of these girls?
#4 I have an "I don't have to explain it to anyone" account. Cigars? Ring 'em up. A new knife? I don't have one *that* size. Another flashligh? Who needs daylight.

As some may have read I recently used my "I don't have to explain it to anyone" account to buy an Omega Seamaster Pro. I love that watch!

-Fern