WAAA!!!! No Arc-LS until APRIL!!!

Forge

Newly Enlightened
I checked the Arc site yesterday and it said the Arc-LS was out of stock until February. Ugggg. That was bad enough.

I went to place an order today and NOW it says out of stock until April and won't even let me order one.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about that. As I posted in the main thread, the LS production is moving along slowly.

I stopped the website from taking orders so we can get caught up. I really dislike having so many back orders in the system.

Check out my post in the Arc flashlight thread for more info on this.

Peter Gransee

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...I had a "reservation" -- number 11 for gadsakes... and I didn't get mine either...
just because I tuned-in to the forum a day late to find out we had to order them again the moment the Arc website started taking orders -- I was two days by then Arc was sold out of LS's...too bad...double waaaa!
wink.gif

(luckily I had also placed an order with TTS, who tells me my LS's are on the way!...yeaaaaa!)
smile.gif

(... and Brock said he is returning my ActionLight "this week" -- so it is turning into a good year again
smile.gif
grin.gif
...)

Alexis

Newly Enlightened
Regarding your Brinkmann luxeon mod, how much were you selling those for? Anyways, did you use the luxeon star with optics, or just the bare module? Also any need for resistors with the 3 N batteries? Do you have to heatsink it, I mean you are in Alaska.
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
Could the LS possibly ever have a tailcap switch? Its often hard to use a twist on type of flashlight when we use gloves and that is why I went to the Brinkmann instead of the Minimag. In looking at the length of the 123 battery case of the LS it could be fairly easy to offer the tailcap switch option <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know... the prototype version Arc-LS has a removeable tailpiece on the 2-AA battery pack. If this hasn't been totally deleted in the production run, it might not be that hard for somebody with a machine shop to cobble up. I'm not sure though if the production Arcs have a one-piece billet for a battery holder, or if the two-piece unit was retained and was simply sealed with Lock-Tite to prevent it from coming off.

An existing switch from some other flashlight could be mounted in a piece that will thread into the LS's barrel. Your "lock off" function could then be accomplished simply by unscrewing the head slightly, the way you turn the light off now.

steinie

Newly Enlightened
Ted the Led..

Just tuned in after not being here for a while. What's this? Gransee did not honor our pre-orders for the Arc LS? That sucks. Why did we bother to pre-order and get a number then?

Sheesh. Bad customer support.
frown.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steinie:
Ted the Led..

Just tuned in after not being here for a while. What's this? Gransee did not honor our pre-orders for the Arc LS? That sucks. Why did we bother to pre-order and get a number then?

Sheesh. Bad customer support.
frown.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's a bit harsh. As far as I can see, Peter has done the best he can. As for pre-orders, I believe it was a reservation system - not a pre-order.Also, he sent out an email 2 weeks prior to the date when ordering would start, describing what the process was. I didn't have any trouble with how it was done. Did anyone else?

I've had nothing but fast, great service from Peter with all the lights I've ordered from him.

Graham

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel,

If you can get pics and allow me to use your narrative from your posts above, I can post the mod on my site for you. I have many mods from others there and would like to add yours for everyone to see.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel,
Do you have any way of explaining how bright it is? Pictures of your mod would be great too.
smile.gif
Can you compare it to some other led light or mag light, or do you have a lux meter, etc?